Looking for recommendation for a budget tablet for Wi-fi access on the go

seattle85

Jan 21, 2012
Can anyone recommend an economical/budget tablet that I want to use mostly for accessing WI-FI on the go? I want something reliable and hoping to spend under $200.00 including shipping. Any recommendations?

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
Gonna need a bit more info to help you. Such as do you plan to use it as a ereader, play games, surf the net, Skype, watch movies etc. The more info you give the better advice.

ideos s7 running tri-zet v3

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can anyone recommend an economical/budget tablet that I want to use mostly for accessing WI-FI on the go? I want something reliable and hoping to spend under $200.00 including shipping. Any recommendations?

I can honestly recommend the tablet I use, it's a coby 8125 a wonderful tablet does everything I want it to do, I have owned 5 tablets now, and this is the best of the bunch, This is my opinion.

af2000

Dec 27, 2011
For wifi access on the go, you'd best have a 7-inch portable tab with 3G module built-in, which is mostly at a USD$260 or more with shipping fee included. But you can try the ones which support Wi-Fi & USB 3G dongle. For that, Ainol NOVO 7 series tablets could be good choice, for their low price and up-level performance.

HERE are some latest best Android 4.0 tablets under $200 (Free Shipping):

Including: Teclast P76Ti, Ainol NOVO7 Elf, Ainol NOVO 7 Paladin, Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora, RAmos W6HD

you can compare and choose one of 'em :p

$Latest Android 4.0 Tablets.png

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Just thought I'd throw this in. I have a little older tablet (Zenithink Zt180 2) that is just a wonderful tool. It's a fully functioning computer that works extremely well with wifi. I don't know exactly what your needs are, but I strongly recommend that you take a serious look at the latest Zenithink, the Zenithink C91! McBub.com has it for sale for $204.99 including shipping. There are 8 reviews listed for it, all 5.0. As you may be able to tell, my experience with my tablet has been very good and predisposed towards the C91.

This is an 8GB HD A9 Tablet PC 10.2 inch Zenithink C91 3 ZT-280 Android 2.3 Capacitive Multi-Touch 1GHz with 1080P HDMI/Camera and with an external dongle even supports 3G. It also has a micro sdhc slot which takes up to a 32 Gig card (I have one in mine and it works perfectly). The USB port allows you to expand exponentially (I have a 500 Gig drive I carry with me when I travel). It has stereo sound, a built in camera that is fairly good, microphone, has ethernet, HDMI, and more.

There are so many programs that could help you that are available for this tablet, everything from NOOK, Kindle and Google readers to really good Office suites, music and photo editors, flawless video streaming, gaming, etc..

Some of my favourite additional support programs that I highly recommend are T-Swipe Pro, EZ PDF Reader, Dolphin Browser, AVG Antivirus, Andro Zip, My Sword for Android, Google Docs, Google Maps, and Picasa Tools.

What I'm going to say now might be seen as going down a rabbit trail, but I think it's important. I recently purchased a Canon Pixma printer and took it right back. Though it looks good, the software makes it virtually useless with an android. Unless they seriously improve the software with the Pixma don't waste your money.

I exchanged it for an HP wireless printer that functions perfectly. I live in Salt Lake, and was even able to send print jobs from both my Zenithink and my android phone to my printer from Spokane. In any case, be sure use a laptop or desktop to configure the printer before you try to use it.

Anyway, for more info regarding the Zenithink C91, check it out here:

http://www.mcbub.com/item/8GB-HD-A9...-1GHz-1080P-HDMI-Camera-3G--CN104053--138058/

As I've already said, I love my Zenithink. If I were in the market to buy a tablet, the Zenithink C91 would be my choice.

God Bless,

Rob

Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Ya know, after I wrote you I found out that the Zenithink C91 has a. firmware upgrade path to Android 4.0 and Adobe Player 11.1 at the manufacturers site:

Zenithink.com

Talk to McBub about a Zenithink C91 with Android 4 and Adobe Player pre-installed.

I haven't got any info about release and function yet, but apparently they're going to release the Zenithink C92 right away.

Rob

Jan 21, 2012
I'd like to buy a tablet but it's for my son...I tried going in the ipad but no flash....them another tablet got frozen when I went on abcmouse dot com. Can someone check if the zenithink can even go in here without freezing up?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Hi Sis,

I went to abcmouse.com with my Zenithink 2 (Zt180). The intro page loaded up fine, but video froze up. I think the reason why is that my older Zenithink needs a newer version of flash. The new C91 has the latest version of flash.

Blessings,

Rob

donsidromeo

Jan 22, 2012
Hello, app are difficult to get. Dont really know were to get app for my samsung galaxy tab. I need ur assistance. Thank you. D. D

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

Jan 21, 2012
Hey Kingsman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to go to abcmouse...I really just want an android tablet so that site can work. What flash version do you currently have now? But I also want to choose btween these 4 tablets:

Ainol novo 7 elf
minipad m11+ (dual core)
Zenithink C91
Ployer momo11 (9.7 inch tablet)

Can you tell me in your opinion which is best to least in your opinion?