Looking to buy a new tablet

nopalito

Jul 9, 2012
I just bought the same ICOO and love it for the most part. The one big downside is that Netflix won't run correctly on it -- only audio, no video, and shuts down after a few seconds. I assume this has to do with the 512MB RAM, but am wondering if there's a way to improve this. I've tried moving the program to the SD card, but that made no difference. Do you know if the RAM is expandable or if there's something else I can do to play Netflix (this was actually one of the big reasons I purchases a tablet)?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I just bought the same ICOO and love it for the most part. The one big downside is that Netflix won't run correctly on it -- only audio, no video, and shuts down after a few seconds. I assume this has to do with the 512MB RAM, but am wondering if there's a way to improve this. I've tried moving the program to the SD card, but that made no difference. Do you know if the RAM is expandable or if there's something else I can do to play Netflix (this was actually one of the big reasons I purchases a tablet)?

The Netflix issue is not ram related, I have a Lenovo tablet with 512 megs o ram and NF runs fine on it.
Having said that the Lenovo is Gingerbread and the ICOO is ICS, so it might be limitations where the ram and OS are conserned, however if that were the case I would think that all video would be effected by the low ram and other videos play fine.
As with yours, NF does not properly run on all three of the D50s, I have noticed that streaming radio apps also fail on this tablet. Have tried 3 and all of them do the same thing, on off on off on off.
Would be nice to have a developer with one of these to develop such apps that work well with this device, HINT HINT HINT.

But it looks like the OP has narrowed his selection down and the ICOO is no longer in the running. Good luck on your pick, hope it works well for you and be sure to post or PM some of us with your new apps so we can see what kind of cool new stuff your working on.

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Ok guys, I think I need to finalize between ELF 2 and Aurora 2.

With ELF2 I really want to go with the upgrade and get a 16G version.

Would it be worth paying a little more for the IPS screen and get Aurora 2 ? TBH, I don't even know if I actually care for the IPS screen.
Hi asingh786, the IPS screen have a better view angle than normal LCD capacitive screens, Actually, i think you can go for the Aurora II, cuz it's only $156.99 shipped(16GB version) in our site now, and the Elf II 16GB is for $143.99, so, the price difference between Elf II and Aurora II is only $13USD. And i should tell you that an extra 13 USD for a high resolution IPS screen is really worthwhile! Don't you think so? :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Everything is made in China these days! Some tablets are made in China and brought to us by well known Companies like Samsung
and sold from stores we trust online and in our Towns while other are made in China and sold by Chinese stores online, stores we don't know so to buy from them it's like to jump into a black hole! :-D And that doesn't mean it's a bad experience, sometimes to jump into the unknown it can turn out to be a good one.
I personally buy stuff directly from China if I don't find it here and didn't have any problem.....I wouldn't buy a tablet though .

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Too true. I jumped in to the unknown when I bought that first ICOO tablet and that leap of faith turned out to be a great leap.
While I am very happy with my IPad2 and Toshiba Thrive and Lenovo tablets, IMHO you just cant beat the quality, performance and price point on the ICOO tablets.
If these ever get a foot hold in this country many low end and mid price tablets will be hurting for sales.
The 7 inch D50 has a smaller basel than most other 7 inch tablets I have seen, it is lighter in weight, does most everything the others do at less than half the price.
Since there are no electronics made in the US any more and in fact they all come from some asian country, including india and other nations near there. It makes little difference any more where we buy from so long as we are getting a quality product at a quality price. After 3 ICOOs and every one working just fine, I am convinced that this is just that animal, quality product at a great price.

kethan

Dec 20, 2010
Too true. I jumped in to the unknown when I bought that first ICOO tablet and that leap of faith turned out to be a great leap.
While I am very happy with my IPad2 and Toshiba Thrive and Lenovo tablets, IMHO you just cant beat the quality, performance and price point on the ICOO tablets.
If these ever get a foot hold in this country many low end and mid price tablets will be hurting for sales.
The 7 inch D50 has a smaller basel than most other 7 inch tablets I have seen, it is lighter in weight, does most everything the others do at less than half the price.
Since there are no electronics made in the US any more and in fact they all come from some asian country, including india and other nations near there. It makes little difference any more where we buy from so long as we are getting a quality product at a quality price. After 3 ICOOs and every one working just fine, I am convinced that this is just that animal, quality product at a great price.

Amazingly said and true!

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2