Lost A500 :*(

danielg5

May 3, 2011
I loved my A500. Unfortunately, it is probably somewhere on the DC beltway smashed into a thousand pieces!

One of the greatest things about it was the USB port. I had my tab for a year, and I used my portable hard-drive a lot with it. It seems, though, that the USB capability was also a disadvantage. The higher voltage it took to have a powered port used much more battery and required a proprietary charger. The A200, I believe, has the same charger, but it also has similar short battery life. The A510 has much greater battery capacity and life and charges by USB, but it doesn't have a full USB port. So there is a tradeoff

Now, I want to replace it and am wondering what this list recommends. Most of the newer tablets don't have full USB capability. What is the best alternative/option to the A500?

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Hi -> danielg5.

a510 have full USB adapter in box , a510 will'be best tablet for you ->

Last edited by a moderator:

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Hi -> barskin.
yes.., now sale in europe, - Luxemburg, next manth in France and Belgium.

danielg5

May 3, 2011
Thanks Pafik. I looked at this earlier today. Didn't know about the USB adapter. That's great to know. I assume this and the Transformer prime are the only tabs out with the Tegra 3, right? Does anyone know if this will power a portable HD, or would it need a separate power source? Maybe I just need to get a solid-state drive in addition and forget about the power hungry spinning drive.

These have not released in the US yet, but they are on the Acer website as well as Amazon, just "out of stock" or "not released yet". Does anyone know when they are going go on sale here?

I did look at the Toshiba Thrive, which is what I wanted originally, but they took so long to release it that I jumped on the A500 as soon as it came out. It is also thicker and shorter battery life than the A500.

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
To - > danielg5

Right.. -> _ tegra 3 (1.3GHz) battery 9800mA, from 12ur- to 15ur, USB ful suport and mini HDMI,
all rest you know.... .

Going to sale - from 25t today , maybe delay to 30. that is far wath i know,
sory for my English

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
to -> every one

Additionally, the Acer A510
presentation; it supports HDMI to VGA for quick connection to projector.
performance 12-core GeForce GPU. A unique Super 4-PLUS-1™ Quad Core CPU design
Display: 10.1″ WXGA HD (1280 x 800 resolution)
Aspect Ratio: 16:10 aspect ratio Viewing
Angle:85-degree
CPU: Nvidia quad-core Tegra 3 (1.3 GHz)
GPU: 12-Core GeForce NVIDIA
RAM: 1 GB Storage: 32 GB (internal)
Cameras: Front: 1MP HD
Rear: 5MP with Auto Focus
Audio: Dolby Mobile 3 Technology Stereo Speakers
Dual Analog Microphone 3.5mm audio jack
Sensors: G-Sensor Gyro-meter E-Compass L Sensor
Communication: Wi-Fi 802.11 N/B/G Bluetooth 2.1+EDR DLNA-compliant via Clear.fi
Dimensions: 265.5mm x 175mm x 10.9mm
Weight: 1.54 lbs/ 680 grams Battery: 9800 mAh

Last edited:

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
and more..... !

* Pre-installed productivity solution:
mobile office suite Polaris™ 3.5 and wireless printing app,
the processor also provides up to four times faster web-browsing, smooth navigation,
up to 2.6 times the performance and up to three times the graphics performance compared to previous generation processors,
hardware-accelerated support for Adobe Flash 11, which comes pre-installed on the tablet,
It also features Screenshot, which can be used in any app to capture images of a web site,
Available in U.S. and Canada Starting at $449.99

:rolleyes::p:cool:

Last edited:

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Oh, Lordie, I am such a device junkie, and you guys are talking about what wonderful...er...stuff is available. I want a 510. And I just got my 500, and I love it. But, then, I see this thread, and I start yearning for an new fix. I'm a sick woman, there's no doubt about that.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Oh, Lordie, I am such a device junkie, and you guys are talking about what wonderful...er...stuff is available. I want a 510. And I just got my 500, and I love it. But, then, I see this thread, and I start yearning for an new fix. I'm a sick woman, there's no doubt about that.

Welcome to the club gadget grabber - where we all love the latest gadgets. I feel naked without my gadgets. :confused:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I loved my A500. Unfortunately, it is probably somewhere on the DC beltway smashed into a thousand pieces!

One of the greatest things about it was the USB port. I had my tab for a year, and I used my portable hard-drive a lot with it. It seems, though, that the USB capability was also a disadvantage. The higher voltage it took to have a powered port used much more battery and required a proprietary charger. The A200, I believe, has the same charger, but it also has similar short battery life. The A510 has much greater battery capacity and life and charges by USB, but it doesn't have a full USB port. So there is a tradeoff

Now, I want to replace it and am wondering what this list recommends. Most of the newer tablets don't have full USB capability. What is the best alternative/option to the A500?
Well I just checked the A200 and that has a fullsized USB A female plug. The A510 is still too hot at the moment - stores are struggling to get them in.