make calls! Groove IP app for google voice

tp76

Mar 25, 2011
This app, in conjunction with Google Voice, lets you make unlimited calls to any phone in US or Canada using the data connection of your mobile device without using up any of your mobile minutes! Once you get a free public phone number from Google Voice, you can use this app to make or receive calls to/from anyone in the world. (For details of how to get a free US phone number, the low international calling rates, or any other details, please visit the Google Voice web site at http://www.google.com/voice.)

This app supports making and receiving calls using Wi-Fi and/or 3G/4G data connections. It brings the power of Google Voice to you without the need to use any of your mobile minutes. You get all the advanced voice features provided by Google Voice on your mobile device.

These features include:

- A single number that rings you anywhere
- Online voicemail–transcribed messages delivered to your inbox
- Free calls within US and Canada, and super low rates everywhere else
- The ability to send incoming call to voicemail
- Incoming call recording

With this app it is like having two-phones-in-one. For example, you can use your original phone number for business and use the new one for personal use.
This app is also perfect for you if you are in a location with poor or no mobile reception but still have Internet connectivity over Wi-Fi.
If you have a smart phone with Wi-Fi connectivity but no mobile plan, you can use this app to convert it to a free, full-featured working phone.
This app has a separate dialer that can be used to make calls. Alternatively, the native dialer/call-log/contacts/favorite functionality can be shared between the "two phones" on a call-by-call basis.

chart

Thanks to mbrought4 on Xoom Forums for the find

Blindsay

May 28, 2011
nice thanks for posting this, gave it a shot and seems to be working great so far. It was exactly what i was looking for!

bryangrant4

Nov 15, 2011
I am starting to suspect that Verizon has "broken" the Google Voice App. Does Google Voice allow users of other Android Tablets to make and receive calls?

If not, will this app enable me to to make and receive calls using my google voice account?

The Screenshots look like the app was built for handhelds, not the tablets.

Thanks.

This app, in conjunction with Google Voice, lets you make unlimited calls to any phone in US or Canada using the data connection of your mobile device without using up any of your mobile minutes! Once you get a free public phone number from Google Voice, you can use this app to make or receive calls to/from anyone in the world. (For details of how to get a free US phone number, the low international calling rates, or any other details, please visit the Google Voice web site at http://www.google.com/voice.)

This app supports making and receiving calls using Wi-Fi and/or 3G/4G data connections. It brings the power of Google Voice to you without the need to use any of your mobile minutes. You get all the advanced voice features provided by Google Voice on your mobile device.

These features include:

- A single number that rings you anywhere
- Online voicemail–transcribed messages delivered to your inbox
- Free calls within US and Canada, and super low rates everywhere else
- The ability to send incoming call to voicemail
- Incoming call recording

With this app it is like having two-phones-in-one. For example, you can use your original phone number for business and use the new one for personal use.
This app is also perfect for you if you are in a location with poor or no mobile reception but still have Internet connectivity over Wi-Fi.
If you have a smart phone with Wi-Fi connectivity but no mobile plan, you can use this app to convert it to a free, full-featured working phone.
This app has a separate dialer that can be used to make calls. Alternatively, the native dialer/call-log/contacts/favorite functionality can be shared between the "two phones" on a call-by-call basis.

chart

Thanks to mbrought4 on Xoom Forums for the find

reo4ua

May 31, 2012
I am starting to suspect that Verizon has "broken" the Google Voice App. Does Google Voice allow users of other Android Tablets to make and receive calls?

If not, will this app enable me to to make and receive calls using my google voice account?

The Screenshots look like the app was built for handhelds, not the tablets.

Thanks.

Works fine on my acer a500. theres a little background noise for the call recipient on the other end but other than that it works great.