Max Memory for FT2

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
Hi.

I just received my Flytouch 2 (SuperPad) a few days ago and am having a blast with it. I already updated to the unofficial 3245 firmware, rooted it, and did all the cool stuff you should do once you are familiar with a device like this.

My question is as follows:

The FT2 has two SD card slots and all the ads say it supports a maximum of 32GBs.

So, does this mean I can put in two, 32GB SD cards in each slot for a total of 64 GBs?

Or does it mean I can only put in two, 16GB SD cards in each slot for a total of 32 GBs?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere on the net. I am hoping someone who has maxed out the memory can tell me exactly how much the FT2 can read, so I can buy SD cards accordingly.

Thanks!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I believe its 2 16g cards. I had tried to 32g cards before but the tablet had a hard time handling such an amount of free space for data. (Ofcourse i had bought generic cheap cards with low speed processing) but shouldnt matter in a case of media storage.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
Thanks, Rgocal :)

You also answered my second question which was going to be what class of SD card to buy as well. I'm new to SD cards, so is there any real difference between a class 4, 6, or 10 card?

What do you recommend for the FT2 (if it matters)?

I want to be able to store a few HD movies and want to know if speed is more important for streaming (watching) files like this?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Yes speed is important for quality. Personally i like to listen to my movies while im working on pc projects and such so quality isnt an issue for me.
Higher the class, the higher the speed and more freaking expensive for somthing made dirt cheap. So, higher class sdcards are created for hd quality but also remebering the superpad doesnt present hd quality so dont put away money on a great card.

A class A (1) sdhc 16g card can be 20 dollars while a class D (8) sdhc 16g can be 120 dollars. A class 10 will be around 180 dollars... go on amazon for good deals.

Personally im waiting for tissue memory (using human body for memory) ^.^
~tech lesson of the day~

*remembering android uses the mp4 format for videos!

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: