McDonalds UK WiFi problems on Momo8

s11lko

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all, just joined here after buying my first ever Android Tablet - a Ployer Momo8 - and I'm really pleased with it. I'm in the UK.

It connects to my home (BT Broadband) WiFi perfectly and I get a good range on it with reasonable connection most places around the house.

Yesterday, whilst having breakfast, I tried to take advantage of the free wifi currently being provided by McDonalds / O2.

My iPhone 4S (sorry if that's swearing here!) and Amazon Kindle both connected without problem following the usual log in pages.

My tablet however refused to do so stating "Connection problem: this page contains too many server directs"

I tried the 'Load Desktop Site (?) option in the stock browser and nothing changed. I deleted cookies and history etc, no change.

Does this mean anything to anyone? Can anyone advise please?

Regards, Dave

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This is just a guess but the stock browser has been known to have some issues with proper display of a pop-up, (it's asking you to OK the connection). Try Dolphin HD as it should work fine.

s11lko

Jul 4, 2012
This is just a guess but the stock browser has been known to have some issues with proper display of a pop-up, (it's asking you to OK the connection). Try Dolphin HD as it should work fine.

Thanks buddy...I'm back there tomorrow so will try that. Dave