MeMO Pad 7: Setup Wizard Crashes When Creating New User Profile

ebow

May 30, 2015
I just got a new Asus MeMO Pad 7 (ME176CX), set it up, and now I'm trying to create a new restricted user profile (for my kids). I can create the profile from my main owner's settings panel, but when I switch over to it, I immediately get the error message "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped". And then I cannot do anything other than push the power button twice (to turn off the screen and then get me back to the unlock screen) to return to the owner's account.

I already tried several things: I deleted the profile and tried creating another one. I tried creating a normal, non-restricted profile. I did a factory reset of the tablet. None of these helped.

Why is the setup wizard crashing all the time? How am I supposed to get past this problem to set up a secondary, restricted profile? If I can't create a limited account for my kids, this tablet is no good to me and I'll need to return it. I have submitted a ticket with Asus tech support, but... we'll see...

If this is the out-of-the-box experience for a brand new Asus tablet, should I expect things to get better, assuming this problem can be addressed, or should I just give in a get a Galaxy Tab 4?

incrediblehay

May 30, 2015
I have the exact same problem with my Memo Pad 7. Bought it for my kids and can't even create a Restricted profile for them to use it. Tried updating the OS, tried resetting to factory defaults and got nowhere. Must be some glitch in the programming of Asus Setup Wizard. Not happy at all. I want my money back.

ebow

May 30, 2015
I'll be returning mine to Amazon soon. Got a great deal on a Galaxy Tab 4 8-inch that was a cinch to set up.