Micro SD card, class

JerseyRider

Dec 20, 2011
I want to purchase a 32GB SD card for my ASUS Transformer Prime. Is there any difference in performance on a tablet with a class 10 card opposed to a class 4 card? Thanks.

ChromeCat

Dec 22, 2011
Someone told me that for movies, I should use a class 6 or higher.
Based on what I read online it seems like card class is similar to shutter speed on a camera, the higher the class the faster the response from the card.
I guess it depends what you want to store on the card. I still don't really understand the difference though, just have a light grasp on the concept of it.

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
I have a Sandisk class 4 card and I have some 720 HD video files loaded on the card and they run fine. Going with a class 10 would just be overkill.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I still don't really understand the difference though, just have a light grasp on the concept of it.

Going with a class 10 would just be overkill.

The class of an SD card relates to the data transfer rate it's capable of. In general a class 4 is as fast/faster than the memory in the tablet. Whether it's as fast or 10 times as fast is meaningless since you're limited by the memory speed of the tablet. So, faster is overkill and a waste of money.