microsoft office skydrive-is this a viable alternative to run office on tablet?

jonathag

Feb 18, 2012
I'm looking for a tablet for someone, but they use microsoft office word and excel heavily right now on their laptop. I have searched and can't really find the answer to this question. Skydrive says you can create microsoft office docs online through your browser, so can you just get an android tablet to replace your laptop if the only thing you have to have is access to word and excel, and use skydrive to create and save your word and excel docs?

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I have been using Documents to Go for years (back in the old Palm Pilot days) and it keeps getting better. It is very stable and easy to use. And, you can use your Google Docs app for the cloud storage for free. In fact Google Docs is a built in function of DtG as well as Evernote and others. The $15 price is well worth it and they are always running it on sale through their own web site. I have tried SkyDrive and it is OK but has limitations when using it through Android. Plus, you have to be online to use it. With DtG you can have a nearly full functioning MS Office on the go and upload/download when you are near a connection point.