MID 7 Gerneric 1.6 -- Can i update firmware?

Jam565s

Oct 11, 2010
i Bought a droid tablet that just says MID on the box no other descriptions not even in the user manual.

Model Number - Generic (thats all it says)
mermory size - 256MB
Firmware version - 1.6
Kernal Version - 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
build number 1.9

can someone help me out by leading me in the right direction on getting this thing updated to a newer firmware.
I want to play this angry birds game everyone is talking about.

Thanks Alot, Jason

dunl

Oct 6, 2010
I'm new here, but I think you have a Flytouch like me. Search around and see if that looks like it.

bseshadri

Oct 31, 2010
I have an exact product - with the details matching. I would also like to know how to upgrade the firmware, if there is a step by step procedure that someone can point me to. Thanks.

Badri

samibabe

Nov 1, 2010
Hi, I think I have the same tablet, running 1.6... MID etc

Is it possible to update from version 1.6 to 2.2 to use flash? or does anyone know a way of getting flash on Os 1.6?

Many thanks Sam

blitz

Dec 31, 2010
Hello fellow tablet owners,
im wondering how we can install the official ANDROID MARKET in the tablet below...

i'm already ok with its usability, just want the official android market installed...

Here are the screenshots of our tablet... its a MID M70003 orphan. Specs on the picture.

No LED power indicator
No Home button, just OFF and Volume buttons on top
Other ports shown in the pictures below

Thanks in advance guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

ricosan

Dec 31, 2010
i have the similar problem...these are the specs from ebay..Processor:VIA MW8505
Frequency:533Mhz
Memory RAM:256MB
Flash Memory:2GB (1GB Free)
WiFi: 802.11 b / g
3G Function:Support external 3g USB modem
Speaker:Built-in Speaker 8/1W
Camera:Built-in 1.3MP
Reset hole:Hidden (reset function)
Button:Top of the key: Power Key Positive primary key: ESC Right button Volume control Keys + Menu button
Display Resolution:WVGA 800 x 480 Pixel Size:7 inch TFT 16:9
Touch Screen: All mirror, high sensitive touch screen operation
Card Reader Slot:T-flash card (Support up to 32GB)
Sound effect:In focus Audio Built-in stereo speaker Built-in Microphone
Media File Audio:MP3,WMA,WAV,APE,OGG,FLAC,AAC Video:AVI,3GP/MP4,FLV,MKV,MOV,WMV Video:up to resolution 320*240, 24 FPS
Unit Size:199 x 129 x 14 (mm)
Battery: 3000MAH, 7.4V
Gravity Sensor:Not Support
Battery Life: up to 3 hours, video play time 2 hours with WIFI off.
........................................................................................
i recieved this and plugged it in , let it charge for about 2 hrs then turned it on...it went thru a big android icon spinning around and then went to a smaller android icon with wmt2.1.2_105 on the bottom right screen...
i read that i might have to "reflash" it but i have no idea what that is...
please...please someone help me out...this was supposed to be a christmas gift for my daughter, took 4 weeks to get from china, and i dont want her to wait till febuary. thanx in advance!

Neddynod

Jan 3, 2011
Hi,
I have exactly the same epad. I thought I was the only person in the world with this model as I can't find any sort of a rom upgrade for it or even a working version of the app market!

If I do find anything that actually works I'll post it here. From what I've read though it would be wise not to try and flash any unknown rom to these as it can turn it into an instant 'brick' if it's incompatible!

Tragicwayz

Jan 9, 2011
Hello, Would you by any chance know how to unbrick the M001, and how to put the original operating system back on it. I have the exact same model as noted in the above post. I also have another one the is not bricked and is working, any ideas on how to get the firmware off of it, I'd gladly upload it for anyone else who needs it after I get the other one working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model Number - Generic
mermory size - 256MB
Firmware version - 1.6
Kernal Version - 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
build number 2.1.2