MID Android Tablet frozen

debbiecakes

Dec 27, 2011
My MID Android Tablet is frozen. I cannot turn it off. All icons gone from menu screen. What do I do? How can I fix this problem. Please help. HELP!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
try pressing and holding the power button for about 5 long seconds. Does that make a difference?

debbiecakes

Dec 27, 2011
It turned it off and then when I turned it back on, there are still no applications on the tablet. How can these be restored? The Magic Album, Music, Wi-Fi Settings, etc., icons are all gone. I can't even move the screen from left to right. PLEASE HELP!

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Do you have a small hole for a reset button? If so take a pin and reset the tablet. It should restore it back to factory settings.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It turned it off and then when I turned it back on, there are still no applications on the tablet. How can these be restored? The Magic Album, Music, Wi-Fi Settings, etc., icons are all gone. I can't even move the screen from left to right. PLEASE HELP!

Do you still see these apps when you open your app drawer, or are they gone entirely from your device? If they are in the app drawer, you can press and hold on the icon there and it will add it to your home page automatically. Try do that to see if you can add to the homepage.

debbiecakes

Dec 27, 2011
The only small button that is on the tablet says "MIC". Is that the reset button or the microphone? Please advise and thanks so much trying to help me.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
no, that is not the reset button. That is the mic. Unfortunately not all tablets have reset buttons.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
What is the model number and brand of tablet yall have?

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
What do you mean by locked out? Is it frozen or will not power up?

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Did you happen to download a home launcher replacement? Like launcher pro, adw launcher, ahome, pandahome, etc?

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI