MID7024 - All You Need To Know

rain

May 5, 2011
Hello everyone! So, I've read and read for 3 whole days and did a lot of what was suggested, but I still cannot get root explorer to work. I installed and run z4root. But when I try to run root explorer (v 2.12.4) a window pops up with "root explorer has not yet managed to obtain root access. (...)" and I can't do anything besides hit OK.

On the background, faded, I see "File System: remount as R/W" as if it were a clickable buttom but can't get to it. I have tried moving the app from the phone to the SD card, I tried a differnt version of root explorer too (oplder I think), which worked, but it didn't have an edit text option so it was no use.

Any ideas?! I still don't have market nor 3G access. I'm going crazy here!!!! Will I have to do a manual root?! I will if it comes that but it's just soo scary hahah

edit: btw I also tried getting ArcTools and downloading market with it, but it can't create a temporary directory for instalation so.. I AM STUCK! ARGH

*hugz*
do you have a seven inch, eight inch, or ten inch screen ? ? is it resistive or capacitive ? ?

when the above instructions worked for me ( and other people ) my coby kyros MID7024 was still running the original firmware from the factory. and i had purchased it off amazon at income tax time - six months ago. so maybe you have a different model -or- a newer firmware version ? ? ?

if you are positive you have tried them all . . . my suggestion ( and PLEASE don't brick your tablet by not exactly following the instruction provided... and if there is ANY confusion or ambiguity - - - ask the senior guys for clarification ) is to install the improved firmware that flxrms cooked up . . .
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-custom-roms-thread-add-your-custom-roms.html

he is at V2 so ask him when his version three is coming out ? ? ?

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@katish: what do you want to do? Can you use "su" via abd or Termunal Emulator? Superuser.apk pop up when you do? If yes, your tablet is rooted. If not, try SuperOneClick (it works with Froyo at least, please see other threads about it).

Actually, you don't neet rooting for many things, like installing Market for example.

Another thing: it seems that in Kyros there is no "/system" mount, at least there isn't in my MID1024. If I try to remount /system it gives me an error, but works with the root directory ("/").

katish

Oct 3, 2011
@lfom: for now all I want is to get 3G.. I haven't tried anything fancy just these apps .. zroot to provide root access and root explorer to edit the necessary file.. z4root seems to have done its job alright, but I still haven't found a way to edit the ini.smdkv210.rc file to enable 3G, which is what I wanted root explorer for. the version of root explorer I got that worked didn't have an edit text option. then I got another version (newer I guess) that doesn't obtain root access.. now I'm stuck.

I'm guessing lack of root access is also the reason why arctools couldn't create a temporary directory for instalation as well?

@rain: Mine is a MID8024 model with android 2.2 and kernel 2.6.32.9.. the tablet is for my mom, so I want to keep it as clean and as simple as possible, but 3G is a necessity! I want to exhaust my possibilities using boxed apps before going on terminal mode, and changing the rom seems like a last resort move..so if you guys have other suggestions I'm all for it!

I don't quit easily! :)

thanks for your thoughts and lemme know if you need more info.

jetmechal

Oct 4, 2011
Hey Just recently bought this tablet (Coby MID7024-4G).

Tried really hard to find a way to get Android market to work as I already had a Google account and wasn't really happy with just the
APPSlib way of finding APPS or trying to find downloadable APK file to install from SD (like Adobe flash).

This may sound incredible but I did not root my tablet!

I just downloaded the zip file identified from "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrWSC2uiAg&feature=related" into my computer
and from there unzipped the " GoogleServiceFramework.apk , OneTimeInitializer.apk , SetupWizard.pak and Vending.apk"
directly into the SD card installed into my usb cable attached Tablet.
Carried out the installs with the APK install as per the video and reset my coby before trying to open MARKET .
After the reset I selected the default action as per the video and made sure I had a working wifi connection before starting up Market!
The registration went as expected and when I checked my account from my PC's web browser my account showed my tablet as aT-Mobile device.

Happy to say I can now download apps from MARKET.

Hope you all find the same results.........And comment if it was a go or nogo for you!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@lfom: for now all I want is to get 3G.. I haven't tried anything fancy just these apps .. zroot to provide root access and root explorer to edit the necessary file.. z4root seems to have done its job alright, but I still haven't found a way to edit the ini.smdkv210.rc file to enable 3G, which is what I wanted root explorer for. the version of root explorer I got that worked didn't have an edit text option. then I got another version (newer I guess) that doesn't obtain root access.. now I'm stuck.

I'm guessing lack of root access is also the reason why arctools couldn't create a temporary directory for instalation as well?

You don't need root for editing smdkv210.rc (at last not on my MID1024 also). Simply use ES File Explorer.

Forget about ArcTools, it doesn't work and won't bring anything beyond you get with a simple Market install.

katish

Oct 3, 2011
Guys, I managed to edit the damn file and got 3G enabled.. thanks! But my usb modem isn't on the list - it's a Huawei E1553.. I'm trying to find drivers for it?! I'm not sure what to do from here...

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Guys, I managed to edit the damn file and got 3G enabled.. thanks! But my usb modem isn't on the list - it's a Huawei E1553.. I'm trying to find drivers for it?! I'm not sure what to do from here...

Try one of the other Huawei models, and if it still doesn't work search for a firmware update for your modem. If it's still a no go, I'm afraid you will need another modem...

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

even if your modem is not on the list it will still work...

katish

Oct 3, 2011
Guys, thank you so much for your patience and assistance... I am supposed to update the firmware on my modem, don't wanna do that because it's a corporate one.. So I'll just have mom get a new one that's compatible. Now To be done all I need is to get market so I can get her some cool lil stuff toi play with :)

Am I a good daughter or what?! loool

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Generic Android 2.3 for Kyros 7024 and 8024

Base on: Genesis 2.2.1 by Prox32

Changes:
-Added kernel modules, touchscreen calibration app, and other files from ALLDRO2 firmware (thanks to JMV_10 for finding this rom)
-Added kernel (zImage, zImage.debug) from ALLDRO2 firmware (thanks to JMV_10 for finding this rom)
-Modified utscript.sh (Fonix and steeve)
-mbr for 4gb,8gb and 16gb
-manually choose the uboot and buildprop for your tablet (7024/8024)

Instructions on how to install just read the Folder Name.

By Default you can flash this with your 7024 with overclock cpu...

https://rapidshare.com/files/2498181008/CFW-Android2.3-7024-8024.rar

Credits: prox32 and all involved in his genesis ROM

Special thanks:
jmv_10
steeve
Other members of the Android Tablets forum

*Special thanks to AllDro2 for providing the Gingerbread firmware!!!

Last edited:

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Generic Android 2.3 for Kyros 7024 and 8024

Base on: Genesis 2.2.1 by Prox32

Changes:
-Added kernel modules, touchscreen calibration app, and other files from ALLDRO2 firmware (thanks to JMV_10 for finding this rom)
-Added kernel (zImage, zImage.debug) from ALLDRO2 firmware (thanks to JMV_10 for finding this rom)
-Modified utscript.sh (Fonix and steeve)
-mbr for 4gb,8gb and 16gb
-manually choose the uboot and buildprop for your tablet (7024/8024)

Instructions on how to install just read the Folder Name.

By Default you can flash this with your 7024 with overclock cpu...

https://rapidshare.com/files/2498181008/CFW-Android2.3-7024-8024.rar

Credits: prox32 and all involved in his genesis ROM

Special thanks:
jmv_10
steeve
Other members of the Android Tablets forum

*Special thanks to AllDro2 for providing the Gingerbread firmware!!!

Hi thank you very much!! It installed perfectly on my tablet...! Now I am installing back all my apps I backuped with titanium backup... Can I erase the files that I copied to the extsd to install the android 2.3, so I can have more space available on my extsd card? or are they necessary??

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Hi thank you very much!! It installed perfectly on my tablet...! Now I am installing back all my apps I backuped with titanium backup... Can I erase the files that I copied to the extsd to install the android 2.3, so I can have more space available on my extsd card? or are they necessary??

Yes you can delete it.

Sent from my COBY KYROS 7024 using Android Tablet Forum