MID7042 Touch Screen Help

craigp1992

Jun 12, 2013
Need help please. My Granddaughter has a Coby MID7042 was working fine and then all of the sudden the touch screen stopped working. Came on here and download the Zip File, 7042 Touch and put it on the Micro Card and tried to install it put this is what I get when I install it.---
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted. .....does anyone have any input? Also my daughter did do a factor wipe, so if you know where on this forum I can download the latest software please let me know. I don't know much about Colby as I have Samsung Tab 2 10.1 Thank you in advance.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Need help please. My Granddaughter has a Coby MID7042 was working fine and then all of the sudden the touch screen stopped working. Came on here and download the Zip File, 7042 Touch and put it on the Micro Card and tried to install it put this is what I get when I install it.---
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted. .....does anyone have any input? Also my daughter did do a factor wipe, so if you know where on this forum I can download the latest software please let me know. I don't know much about Colby as I have Samsung Tab 2 10.1 Thank you in advance.

If touch screen stopped working on its own eg you didn't flash wrong rom, you need to send device back to Coby for replacement. The zips and such to fix touch screen are for users who messed up their touch screen by flashing wrong rom, but wont fix your tablet, as your problem has nothing to due with flashing a rom, unless you did flash a rom and messed up your touch screen.