MID8048 Is this a way to fix it?

akahlils

Jul 24, 2013
Hello! I just registered but I've been on this site A LOT to look up Android stuff and it certainly has helped. So I would like to thank everyone, and especially vampirefo. for helping me root my tablet! ^^

Now, my tablet has been very problematic and I've seen that others have the same problems that I do. My main problems are that my internal SD is not being recognized, or will not mount, and some apps say that that my external storage isnt mounted, which it is. I think the cause of my problem is that im missing important folders and the files within them, more specifically the /emmc folder.

Ive tried many many things but nothing has worked... I've read that the only way to fix this is to find a stock ROM for my tablet and to flash it, however there arent any for my tablet.

So I've been thinking, is it possible to fix this problem if I just copy someone else's /emmc folder and put it onto mine? And if it isnt just the /emmc folder, the other folders that im missing as well?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The cause is modifying the vold.fstab, trying to move apps to sdcard or trying to format internal sdcard. These tablets can't take any modifications to sdcards. How to fix no ideal, as I don't have one of the devices, will a stock rom fix the problem? depends what the problem is, if the problem is recorded in the bootloader, then no a rom wont fix it. But without the device I can't even guess what the problem is, well I can guess, My guess is a symbolic link has been broken, and needs to be fixed.

akahlils

Jul 24, 2013
The cause is modifying the vold.fstab, trying to move apps to sdcard or trying to format internal sdcard. These tablets can't take any modifications to sdcards. How to fix no ideal, as I don't have one of the devices, will a stock rom fix the problem? depends what the problem is, if the problem is recorded in the bootloader, then no a rom wont fix it. But without the device I can't even guess what the problem is, well I can guess, My guess is a symbolic link has been broken, and needs to be fixed.

Thanks for the quick response ^^

2 things about the vold.fstab.
I did not personally modify the vold.fstab, so something else like an app modified it??
This happened before I rooted my tablet. I rooted my tablet so that I could fix this problem.

Also, I remember looking in the forum somewhere and someone posted what thet had on their vold.fstab and I had the exact same thing. Just to put that out there... >.<

And what im mainly wondering is could someone with a working tablet just send me a copy of whatever is corrupt/missing, say the vold.fstab, and could I just replace it?

And if you could, can you tell me what as symbolic link is? o.o?

akahlils

Jul 24, 2013
Also, its really weird but if I go into Root Browser and delete my /mnt/sdcard folder and make a new folder with the same name, my apps start putting their data in it. So basically my Internal SD is being used even when its unmounted... o.o I just need to find a way, maybe a command or a script, just to mount my internal sd.

Last edited: