Missing applications.

zazajay

Dec 19, 2012
Hi. I'm having problems with my samsung tab 10.1. It suddenly crashed then after i start it back again all the application that i download is missing. The icons on homescreen is still there but in Manage applications, all the missing app is greyed. When i try to uninstall 1of the apps it says error. Even my play store is missing. I dont understand. Can anyone help me as to how to fix it? Please thank you.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Try rebooting, sounds like you are in safe mode and only pre-installed system apps will work.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi zazajay, congratulations on your new Samsung tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

zazajay

Dec 19, 2012
How do i reboot? If it is stuck in safe mode, the word safe mode is suppose to be on home screen right? My home screen does not have the word safe mode. Will i lose my files & data if i reboot?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
You will not lose data if you reboot. Hold the power/lock button for about 3 seconds and it should have options to shut down and reboot.

Windows has safe mode all over the screen, but Android may not have Safe Mode plastered on the screen when you are in safe mode. If it shows you have apps installed in the settings, but you cannot run them from the app drawer, then you are in safe mode.

I would try a reboot and see if that helps.

zazajay

Dec 19, 2012
Thank u so much for trying to help me. I really appreciate it. But i tried. I pressed the power on/lock button for 3 sec and the normal options comes up, sound, flight mode and power off. There were no reboot option. Am i doing it wrong?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It may not be an option on your tab.

Shut down, then hold power for 3-5 seconds after it shuts off to start it again.

zazajay

Dec 19, 2012
Got it to reboot but still hasnt change anything. :-(
Got any other ideas? Thanks

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Gonna have to wait for someone with more Galaxy Tab experience to come along.

zazajay

Dec 19, 2012
Could someone help me by giving me the steps to format my tablet 10.1 the right way.
Will the standard applications be automaticly installed when i format?
But if anyone knows how to make my tab exit out of safe mode please help me as i was hoping i dont have to format my tab.
Thank you

PGR

Dec 11, 2012
I have missing apps too.
To answer your last question, Go to Settings, Backup/Reset. First move Downloaded (paid for) apps to an SD card and then remove the card. Then Reset. The apps should still be on the SD card when you put it back in - or maybe the tablet just forgets them. I don't know.

minabasla

Mar 17, 2014
I think that sounds like an unusual issue to disable a permanent application like the play store might be a virus or spyware anything that is harmful , try to install avg antivirus manually from browser or something also there is avast and run a full scan for your tablet files.

-Mina