Missing Apps

dafphee

Dec 17, 2012
Some of my native apps are missing from my tab. I don't know what I did. My native recorder and calendar are missing. Pls how do I get them back.
Thanks for your help

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Android Tablet

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello dafphee, congratulations on your new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 section for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Some of my native apps are missing from my tab. I don't know what I did. My native recorder and calendar are missing. Pls how do I get them back.
Thanks for your help

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Android Tablet

Welcome to the forum. At the top right of the screen you should see 6 little boxes. Tap that and it will take you to the "app drawer" You should be able to find them there. If not make sure you try turning your tablet completely off and back on again to see if they reappear.

PGR

Dec 11, 2012
OK YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO STICKY 'MISSING APPS / APPLICATIONS'. THERE ARE MANY THREADS ON THIS AND ONLY ONE ANSWER - THAT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND.
If you go to Setting, Apps, the apps come up on Downloaded, Storage, (not Running), ALL but, there is no way to run them anymore.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
OK YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO STICKY 'MISSING APPS / APPLICATIONS'. THERE ARE MANY THREADS ON THIS AND ONLY ONE ANSWER - THAT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND.
If you go to Setting, Apps, the apps come up on Downloaded, Storage, (not Running), ALL but, there is no way to run them anymore.

There are several possible answers. In your case I don't follow your statement that there is no way to run them. Are you getting an error or you can't find them. If you know they're in your system they should be listed with all your apps (usable) in the app drawer, not in settings. The app drawer is accessed by taping the square with the little squares in it that should be on your home screen.

If they won't run, what type of error are you getting?

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
YELLING AT "US GUYS" is not the way to win friends... or help. Furthermore: It is nobody's duty, here, to teach people how to use their tablets. People that answer questions and give guidance here do so out of the goodness of their hearts. Nobody's getting paid for it. Please keep these things in mind.

As previously stated: Have you looked in the "app drawer?" That's the "all applications" screen(s) that will come up if you touch the block of six tiny squares in the upper-right of your home screen.

You can run apps from there. You can also place shortcuts to them on the "home" screen or any of the other four additional home screen pages.

Jim

edap

Dec 12, 2012
YELLING AT "US GUYS" is not the way to win friends... or help. Furthermore: It is nobody's duty, here, to teach people how to use their tablets. People that answer questions and give guidance here do so out of the goodness of their hearts. Nobody's getting paid for it. Please keep these things in mind. Jim

Jim is right. The only reward members get is an acknowledgement of helpful service when the 'Thank' button is tapped on their post. Even this way of showing one's appreciation is rarely used. The tap for Thanks is voluntary. But, courtesy and respect for fellow members is mandatory!

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
YELLING AT "US GUYS" is not the way to win friends... or help. Furthermore: It is nobody's duty, here, to teach people how to use their tablets. People that answer questions and give guidance here do so out of the goodness of their hearts. Nobody's getting paid for it. Please keep these things in mind.

We've disagreed in the past Jim but this time we're in complete agreement!