More Screen Problems 9742

Myuki

Aug 4, 2012
Hi guys,

I am having problems with my Kyros 9742.:confused:
Some apps "think" the screen is larger then it really is.
For example: Let's Golf 3 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftL3HM&hl=en)
Part of the game screen is not shown on my screen.
I wonder if the app is "thinking" my sreen is 10.1 and not 9.7, so the game screen does not fit the actual screen.
I have the stock rom installed. I also installed the google play fix and the google maps fix.
Can you help me with this problem? Thanks!! ;)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you're using the build.prop I put together as part of the tweaks package, that could be the problem. The fingerprint is for a Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0", as at the time there wasn't a major manufacturer offering a 9.7" size. Now with Lenovo offering a tablet in that size this might be fixable. You might want to look into one of the apps that changes the screen resolution in the meantime.

Myuki

Aug 4, 2012
Thank you, Traveler.
I used the build.prop from your tweaks package.
If you could find a way fix it, it would be really great. For now, I will try an app to change de resolution, as you suggested. Thanks again.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, I found a custom ROM for an Archos 97 Carbon. The 97 Carbon comes with Google Apps pre-installed, so its build.prop may work better. Thus I'm going to work on it in a few minutes or so, after the ROM finishes downloading.

I don't play the game you're using so I never noticed this. If anything, the games I play have to scale UP to fit the screen. I'll let you know how it works out, but please, be patient. :)

EDIT: It's a frickin' image file. That will teach me not to read the webpage before downloading. :/

Last edited:

Myuki

Aug 4, 2012
Another noobie question: I have downloaded the LCD Density App. But I do not know which resolution I should choose.
For instance: what's the resolution you get while using the 7.0 fingerprint? And which one would be correct for our 9.7 screen?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Quick thought: do you have screen adaption (Settings>Display>screen adaption) turned on? That might resolve your problem. I'd try it myself but there's no way in hell I'm going to download a 900MB game onto my tablet. Not with my roommate playing World of Warcraft right now.

In answer to your question regarding screen density, the 9742 has a density of 160dpi. Shrink it down to 120dpi to make everything smaller.

Last edited:

GeelongLing

Mar 31, 2018
If you're using the build.prop I put together as part of the tweaks package, that could be the problem. The fingerprint is for a Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0", as at the time there wasn't a major manufacturer offering a 9.7" size. Now with Lenovo offering a tablet in that size this might be fixable. You might want to look into one of the apps that changes the screen resolution in the meantime.
Hi, could you please send me the build.prop file.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
No, but only because you can get it yourself. Click the Play Store Tweaks link in my signature.