mt6572w vs mt6572

Can't Touch This

Oct 26, 2014
Sup guys. I'm new here. Can anyone please tell me the difference between these two chips? mt6572w vs mt6572
what does that W at the end mean? thx a lot

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Can't Touch This, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The W appears to indicate support for W-CDMA (Wideband Code-Division Multiple Access).

W-CDMA (Wideband Code-Division Multiple Access), an ITU standard derived from Code-Division Multiple Access
(CDMA), is officially known as IMT-2000 direct spread. W- CDMA is a third-generation (3G) mobile wireless technology that promises much higher data speeds to mobile and portable wireless devices than commonly offered in today's market.

W-CDMA can support mobile/portable voice, images, data, and video communications at up to 2 Mbps (local area access) or 384 Kbps (wide area access). The input signals are digitized and transmitted in coded, spread-spectrum mode over a broad range of frequencies. A 5 MHz-wide carrier is used, compared with 200 KHz-wide carrier for narrowband CDMA.