My Augen Gentouch78 is physically broken.. sending in for repairs

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I basically gave my Augen Gentouch78 to my daughter to use, as I have other tablets. She brought it home from school and "someone" dropped the tablet and broke the glass screen. Plus it looks like "someone" tried to open up the tablet.

I want to document what it takes to send this tablet back to AugenUS, as I've heard of some people having problems doing this.

February 24th - I contacted Augen Support through their website explaining what had happened, and what I could do for repairs.

February 28th - I did not receive a reply after 3 days, and I Emailed them again.

March 1st - AugenUS Emailed me back and said that I needed to email rma@* to receive further instructions, which I immediately did.

March 3rd - I received an Email today that I was instructed to download their RMA form. I need to complete the form/sign it, then also attach the receipt of purchase. I will do this later today

March 10th - After a bunch more emails to RMA and AugenUS's main email... still no reply. I've called them three times.. twice it just rang and rang.. last time, I was put on hold for about 2 hours.. literally.. thank God for Skype..

Result: Horrible customer service... unless the Augen Gentouch78 sells for under $100... I don't suggest this tablet at all. It under performs, and the company has bad customer service from my experience

Last edited:

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
thank you! I am now emailing about mine biting the dust- and no one dropped mine (that we know of) it just quite booting up basically.

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
I'm not, I can't get a reply after being sent the final customer request form. the fax number they give is bogus and the customer service number no one is ever available at.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Unfortunately I've received the same luck... horrible situation. I've given up.... i'm just out the money. I do not recommend this company.

muslimmamma

Mar 10, 2011
www.dailysteals.com has the same issues with their customer service. One ot there number says there name etc and then hangs up. Other one i just said wait for someone and i waited an hour then someone picked up and hung up. Customer service isnt what it used to be. Now anyone with $5 can make a website and they dont care if your satisfied.

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
www.dailysteals.com has the same issues with their customer service. One ot there number says there name etc and then hangs up. Other one i just said wait for someone and i waited an hour then someone picked up and hung up. Customer service isnt what it used to be. Now anyone with $5 can make a website and they dont care if your satisfied.

that is good to know. I check out that site every once in a while but have never bought anything. now I know not to. I'm sorry you are dealing with that.

broken screen

Oct 25, 2010
when i had to send mine back, the biggest slowdown was the email process. i waited for an email with an RMA and lost patience and called. I received RMA and instructions by phone. however, the screen repair process was easy. the $20 diagnosis fee paid for the repair and return shipping. the device was returned to me, repaired and updated in less than 1 week. good luck. my emails to the rma email were not responded to but the help desk person was courteous and timely in her email.