My first tablet should be...?

warped1987

Dec 12, 2011
Here is what I'm looking for:

Price: <$200
Camera (hopefully front and back)
Processor (dual core would be best)
RAM (no less than 500)
Storage (I see 4gb everywhere, but I have 16gb cards laying around for that)
Pinch to zoom (need it to be just like my phone)
Would like something OS 2.3 and hopefully upgrade-able to 4.0 in the future
oh, can't forget 10" is my preference, but if I have to settle for a 7" I guess I can.
Something that can tilt, I think accelerometer is the word, from Landscape to Portrait.

I looked at the Sylvania tablet that we sell at Sears but it was lacking stuff I wanted, and someone on craigslist is selling a Zepad for $150 but the info I found on it didn't thrill me either.

Then there's this Arnova Archos 10 G2 tablet I'm looking at now for $200 that looks nice. Can someone point me in a good direction for my first tablet? I'm a Droid freak but have been sticking to phones for the longest time over at droidforums.net and want to get into Tablets now.

Oh, and I will mainly be using it for my music/media streaming, games that require smooth sailing, web browsing, etc.

Thanks to whoever can help me :)

Dec 20, 2011
Hi,

For your budget you should go for either amazon kindle fire or the Nook. Both are quality products backed by a strong community, and as far as the heavily customized OS goes there will be custom roms popping up pretty soon. But ill still suggest if you want to have real fun with your tab, save up more money to by the high end ones like asus transformer, moto xoom. Cant really comment on the archos tabs cause didnt really use any of them much, although I did try one out at a store didnt like the quality.

wotii

Dec 12, 2011
Hi,
I suggest you hang on a couple of months, the Asus Transformer Prime has just been released so the Transformer TF101 will be discounted soon enough.

Specs are -

• Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
  • Dual core 1GHz nVidia Tegra 2 processor
  • QWERTY keyboard dock sold separately
  • 32GB internal storage
  • MicroSDHC up to 32GB
  • 10.1" capacitive Corning Gorilla Glass touchscreen
  • 1280 x 800 resolution
  • 5MP camera and 1.2MP webcam
  • 802.11 b/g/n wifi
  • Mini-HDMI
  • Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
  • 271 x 176 x 12.9 mm

I have this and its reliable, fast, fun. It will take a bit of digging around to get that discount but i'm sure you will. You will get a smart tablet for the price.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I wouldn't bet seeing the TF get to 200.00 anytime soon though. The Nook color would be a good choice. But it doesn't have a camera. I guess you would have to consider how often you would actually use the camera.

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
the kindle fire and nook does have a decent community, I've played with the nook. and honestly wasn't impressed. and i think the fire is over-rated
but if you can bump up your budget about 20-30 bucks, the zenithink 280 is awesome

============================================================
do NOT get the 180. it's cheaper, and in your price range, but it's a piece of junk
=============================================================

the 280 is 2.3.4, and has a 10" tablet with 512mb ram 8gb storage, front facing camera, and also has a decent community. not nearly as large, but pretty good all the same. it emulates n64 games amazingly well, and has a hdmi output port

also, I hate to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on ICS for any $200 tablet. even if it does get ported to your tablet, it will run slower than gingerbread would.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Here is what I'm looking for:

Price: <$200
Camera (hopefully front and back)
Processor (dual core would be best)
RAM (no less than 500)
Storage (I see 4gb everywhere, but I have 16gb cards laying around for that)
Pinch to zoom (need it to be just like my phone)
Would like something OS 2.3 and hopefully upgrade-able to 4.0 in the future
oh, can't forget 10" is my preference, but if I have to settle for a 7" I guess I can.
Something that can tilt, I think accelerometer is the word, from Landscape to Portrait.

I looked at the Sylvania tablet that we sell at Sears but it was lacking stuff I wanted, and someone on craigslist is selling a Zepad for $150 but the info I found on it didn't thrill me either.

Then there's this Arnova Archos 10 G2 tablet I'm looking at now for $200 that looks nice. Can someone point me in a good direction for my first tablet? I'm a Droid freak but have been sticking to phones for the longest time over at droidforums.net and want to get into Tablets now.

Oh, and I will mainly be using it for my music/media streaming, games that require smooth sailing, web browsing, etc.

Thanks to whoever can help me :)
Hi, for a 10" tablet PC, maybe the Zenithink C91 will be a good choice!
and for a 7" i would suggest you to have a look at the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced !
hope you can find what you want, good luck!:)