My Manual for (HUAWEI) USB 3G

PhilF

Dec 28, 2010
Since I've been trying a long time to run my HUAWEI E1550, E150 I want to comment you the steps I've done.

1)To disable the auto running on the modem, how to do it already written in other topics:

1) Connect the modem to a PC running Windows and make sure it works.
2) Disconnect your computer from the network and the Internet and run Hyper Terminal.
Hyper Terminal program found under Start> Programs> Accessories> Communications> Hyper Terminal - in running Windows XP, and for Windows7 it to load.
3) In the "Connection Description" write any name, say "Huawei", and press ENTER. We are waiting for the appearance of the window "Connect". In his latest column "Connect using" to select "HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem" and click OK.
Next after that a window with a phone number and other parameters need to just close by pressing the "Cancel".
4) Now on the toolbar of the program, press the last button "Properties":
And that opens the Properties window: the modem "select the tab" Options:
Click "Options ASCII":
Put a tick in the second top box "Show input characters on the screen."
Click OK. The top window is closed. Click OK. The last window closes, and the main window, flashing cursor.
5) Turn on CAPS LOCK and print command AT. Press ENTER. Comes the answer: OK. Means connected to the modem is installed. Introduce one of the following:
AT ^ U2DIAG = 0 (device-only modem)
AT ^ U2DIAG = 1 (the device as a modem + CD-ROM)
AT ^ U2DIAG = 255 (the device as a modem + CD-ROM + Card Reader)
AT ^ U2DIAG = 256 (the device as a modem + Card Reader).
For successful operation the modem into a tablet to take command AT ^ U2DIAG = 0, and put it to "just a modem." Typing, press ENTER, and in return see OK.
Close the window Hyper Terminal, answering "Yes" to the proposal to interrupt a session and refusing to stay connected.
6) Make sure that emulation CD-ROM is disabled. To do this, disconnect the modem from the USB port and then connected in the same port. In "My Computer" should not appear "new" CD-ROM - only those that actually are.
If they need to return the modem to its original state, you must repeat the entire procedure, but with the team AT ^ U2DIAG = 255 (the device as a modem + CD-ROM + Card Reader).
HyperTerminal Alternatives for Windows 7

Connect the modem to the tablet.

2) In the Android Market download software Quick Settings , install, run.

Select Mobile data

Next, we see we need a page to configure

Select Access Point Names , click menu and New APN.

My modem unlocked

Russian mobile operators

Name: Anything
APN: internet.mts.ru (мтс) internet.beeline.ru (билайн) internet (мегафон)
User name: mts (мтс) beeline (билайн) gdata (мегафон)
Password: mts (мтс) beeline (билайн) gdata (мегафон)
MCC: 250 (для России)
MNC: 01 (мтс) 02 (билайн) 99 (мегафон)
остальные пункты не трогаем, нажимаем меню, сохранить, выходим, выбираем появившуюся точку доступа.

Save and select the created APN.

Well, actually all, then go to 3G settings

Push the 3G network turn on 3G modem. Yes, my modem is defined as the E1750 but actually E1550

Wait connecting.

Well, finally we get Connected We see the emergence of G icon next to the battery. :)

Speed test

Glad to help :)

emjot

Dec 29, 2010
Hey!
Everything seems great. However doesn't work with my stuff :( I've got Flytouch II and Huawei E1750, just like yours. Run hyperterm and disabled cdrom. Connected the modem, my tablet finds it. So I go to Quick Settings and I don't have there such thing as "Mobile Data". What can be wrong?

emjot

Dec 29, 2010
Hello.
I triend this with my FlyTouch II and E1750. Tablet does recognize the E1750, but it does not connect. In quick settings, a don't see "Mobile data" option. What's wrong?

wahliow

Dec 30, 2010
Hi,
the INTERNET community will and able to get the WORLD to peace with all this sharing and caring.

will my Huawei E220 work with this method.

Thanks.

kunnylingus

Jan 3, 2011
Hi!

My problem is when i want to introduce the APN's configuration in my Flytouch2, because the configuration no appers, it does not save.

I was lookig for this problem in forums, and i conclud that is a problem of rom, so i have to remove o change an archive /etc/apns-conf.xml, but i can not, because i have not permission.
To delete this i have : root+busybox+terminal and write: busybox rm /etc/apns-conf.xml, my problem is that i can not install busybox, it said me that my terminal has not NAND UNLOCKED. So..

source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8936381

Last edited:

pradilla

Jan 5, 2011
I tried the above, and cant make it work. When saving the new APN, the device doesnt save it. apn: moviletb.net.co user:etb Password: etb
Using MCC:250 and MNC: tried all three mentioned above. Any ideas?

PhilF

Dec 28, 2010

mellz

Jan 17, 2011
It got stuck at "connecting".
Modem is on and recognized but says "connecting" and occasionally "disconnected" for a moment, then "connecting" again.

Since I've been trying a long time to run my HUAWEI E1550, E150 I want to comment you the steps I've done.

1)To disable the auto running on the modem, how to do it already written in other topics:

Select Mobile data

My modem unlocked

Russian mobile operators

Push the 3G network turn on 3G modem. Yes, my modem is defined as the E1750 but actually E1550

Wait connecting.

Well, finally we get Connected We see the emergence of G icon next to the battery. :)

Speed test

wahliow

Dec 30, 2010
Hi

I think there are a few different firmwares for the Huawei E1750 . Phil Yours works. Can u update your firmware version please ?
Also other users who has E1750, please wrrite your firmware versions also.
Thank you.

mellz

Jan 17, 2011
I found that AT^u2DIAG=255 does not restore the original configuration with CDROM but instead gives ERROR response.

Select Mobile data

My modem unlocked

Russian mobile operators

Wait connecting.

Speed test

turando

Nov 27, 2010
If I disable the cd rom will it still work on my laptop (the 3G usb modem) or will I only be able to use it on the tablet?

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
If I disable the cd rom will it still work on my laptop (the 3G usb modem) or will I only be able to use it on the tablet?
That depends on how you're using your dongle.

If you're using Window's dial-up settings and telling it to connect through your dongle, then disabling the pretend CD won't affect it.

If you're using the software that runs on the pretend CD, then disabling the pretend CD may cause problems.

Grant.