My Review of my new A2109 Things to consider for possible owners....

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Excellent review, Ive been pondering over buying one for last 2 weeks, can get 16gb for £199. My mind is now made up, buying one tomorrow.
Excuse my ignorance but not very tech myself, it says it comes with ice cream and not jellybean, whats the difference?

JB is the newest release. If it comes with ICS, you can go into the settings and get the update (while connected to a good link) and get JB. Some things appear to be slightly faster in ICS and because of that some people prefer to stay at ICS. I prefer to be running the latest. Both are plenty fast and stable.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Excellent review, Ive been pondering over buying one for last 2 weeks, can get 16gb for £199. My mind is now made up, buying one tomorrow.
Excuse my ignorance but not very tech myself, it says it comes with ice cream and not jellybean, whats the difference?
Great! Hopefully our guides can help you with any mods you want to make, but feel free to ask anything on your mind. Welcome to the forum :)

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012

There really isn't a whole lot of difference.
Except JB's a lot faster and more stable then ICS, there's also some cosmetic differences but that's really all I see.

Mine to said ICS came with it but instead it had JB 4.1.1 on it out of the box.
They started shipping JB stock about a month ago, and most places just are very slow or never update their ad pages on their sites.
In an event your going to love it and WELCOME to the family...... :cool:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This part I disagree, ICS is faster and way more stable than the version of jb we have.
I guess most people don't release we got the lowest jb, there are several versio of jb out there, the first release which we have is considered beta, ie not very good.
We would need 4.2.2 to be on par with ICS.

Last edited:

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
This part I disagree, ICS is faster and way more stable than the version of jb we have.
I guess most people don't release we got the lowest jb, there are several versio of jb out there, the first release which we have is considered beta, ie not very good.
We would need 4.2.2 to be on par with ICS.
I used to think JB was faster, mostly because of my experience with one app in particular - the TWC live TV viewer. But when I updated to JB, an update to that app became available that may have caused the speed up. This thread:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...itadel-awesome-demo-meaningful-benchmark.html
has me thinking otherwise now. That app runs exactly the same version under ICS and JB and as you can see in posted results, ICS did better. But both were rated "High Quality" and got good frame rates. I have not experienced instability that didn't have another cause (that crazy inverter power thing happened to me in both) in either. I don't think either is a slam dunk choice over the other. But if you ever have a support issue that seems to be software, the first thing they always ask is if you have updated to latest code.

On the issue of Gorilla Glass, I think it is about to go the way of Zytel. Zytel is Dupont's ultra rugged nylon. It's been around for years. It is still heavily used in products, but you hardly ever hear of it anymore because competitors have stuff that is pretty much the same. Gorilla Glass is approaching that sort of status - yes, it is good if you have it but because other manufacturers make roughly equivalent products, it may not be such a plus as to merit any special mention in your literature. I think the A2109 has some kind of tough, flexible glass covering the display. Whether it is the Corning product or another, I don't know...

Last edited:

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
Good review, thanks

I got this tablet 3 days ago, after testing.many other budget tablets on show rooms, including some from Dutch manufacturers (I live in Holland) ...and for 199 euros and so many specs , this tablet is not to match.

Rear camera is bad, but I don't even care if it didn't even have a Rear camera....

Above all , very impressed with Wi-Fi and GPS performances.

Some even more expensive tablets don't even have a GPS chip.

Very good buy indeed....

Last edited:

lead27

Jun 2, 2013
Hello

Is it still worth it to get this one or is there something else to recommend ? Can anyone after using this tablet for 3 months or more give some feedback, any issues ?

Thanks

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Hello

Is it still worth it to get this one or is there something else to recommend ? Can anyone after using this tablet for 3 months or more give some feedback, any issues ?

Thanks

The only issue I have with it is the same as with all other android devices that is well known to Google but has not been fixed.
The Bluetooth wants to keep disconnecting at will from my Bluetooth keyboard, and others have reported the same problems with Bluetooth headsets as well.
I've tried different Bluetooth helper programs from Google play and others with limited success.
Other then that I love it and I've had mine for going on five months now.
So yes I'd say for the money and what is available on others it's still by far the best out there.

Hope this helps.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes the tablet is still worth what I paid for, I have had my tablet repaired through warranty repair. Lenovo provided the fastest warranty repair and turn around than any other company I have ever dealt with. Lenovo warranty service makes the tablet even a better deal.
I have tried many roms, in the end I have decided to stay with ics rom, and yes I would still recommend this tablet. I have had my tablet since Christmas really like the tablet.

Sent from my Coby MID7065 using Android Tablet