My Sony Tablet S has stooped turning on

Sonyguy

Mar 13, 2012
Hi, I ve had my Tablet S (16GB, 3G) for 3 days now. The first day I turned it on and used it for a little over 30 minutes, then it went to sleep automatically and I couldn't start it up after that (held power for 10 secs, tried soft and hard factory reset and nothing). I left it over night and then tried again in the morning of the second day, it came on so I assumed the problem may ve been the battery. It did sleep automatically few times that morning but I was able to wake it up shortly after BUT that same morning, it slept for about 5 minutes and when I tried to wake it up it didn't respond and this time the battery was fully charged (the light was green when I plugded it in)...I have tried EVERY thing including all the things in the manual and online (ie. Vol+ and power, pushing the reset button). I even tried leaving it over night like the last time and no luck...so for two straight days now I haven't been able to turn on my new tablet. I can't return it till April 15th (I bought while traveling out). I am SO frustrated...even though the original issue was the sleep of death, my main issue now is that I can't even get it to switch on. Other people seem to reset when the SoD happens but nothing works for me. PLEASE help me.
What exactly could the issue be? software? (I am on android honeycomb 3.2)...

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

desmo907

Feb 9, 2012
I have only had my tablet for a few months. Several times
after I take it off the charger it will not start up.

I then have to use
the reset button.

Something must be wrong...
I am very
dissapointed...

Thoughts?