My SuperPAD II experience (firmware post #17)

NiceGuyEddie

Jul 7, 2011
30 days into the life of my flytouch:

Just thought I'd share a bit of our experience with the flytouch 3 pads. Wife and I got a pair of them about a month ago from a chinese dealer site called dhgate. they got here pretty quickly. the pads themselves, like everyone knows, were stuck in china mode ( all things pointing to the People's Land). Without a good fix for the android market place, my wife downloaded apps through amazon apps. got angry birds by the time I woke up the next morning. oh and the wireless connected easy.

The actual devices is the DISCO with 4g hdd 512ram and android 2.2

Can't seem to get any good working phone/chat programs. That caused me to flash(?) mine with Tim4e. That was so easy as to be scary, copied it to a 2g micr-sd, stuck it in, turned on the player and like 20 min later she was ready to roll. Now my GPS works ( with some free gps stuff from android mkt plc) but also appears to be in conjunction withe the 3G (which I havent explored yet) and I can't activate it with a local carrier. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

The power plugs went bad pretty quickly, but we bought generics and solved that one. Mine is still a bit funny charging (seems like the contact has to be turned a certain way) but they seem to last a long time ( not timed) so no complaints there. All in all, I'd rate my flytouch experience to be about a 6.5 to 7. As a side note, my sister has an i-pad, doesn't know as much about tech as I, and says she can't get anything to work. For our money the flytouch is great, if you think outside the box.

NGE

olanature

Sep 20, 2011
hello, i just got this flytouch 3 from dhgate and when i put it on, it only show andriod world, it does boot beyond that, what should i do?

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
hello, i just got this flytouch 3 from dhgate and when i put it on, it only show andriod world, it does boot beyond that, what should i do?

First, a question: After it says "Android World", does it ever start an animated version of that logo (sparkly fireworks in a kind of sine-wave, then revealing the words)? My FT3 (also purchased through DHGate) sometimes gets hung up before getting to the animation; I simply turn it off, wait about 10 seconds, turn it back on, and pray :).

The next thing to try would be the reset button (tiny button on the bottom edge of the case, to the right.) If that doesn't work, there are other ways of rebooting the firmware (holding several buttons at once.) I can't remember off the top of my head what that sequence is; I suggest you do a search here for "reset" or "reset to factory."

csharryman

Oct 8, 2011
Hey sinister. I also just received my tablet, but its the normal 256, 2.1 android ft2 model. Have you tried rooting using UniversalAndroot? That one worked for me. I also installed the Superuser.apk manually before running Androot. Then install Root Explorer and rename or delete the stock "wow" launcher if you dont like it, I didn't.

Mine has a continuous static sound coming from the speakers, even while something else is playing sound. Does yours do that as well? Its very faint though. Also, I set my backlight to go off after a minute but I noticed after a day of use that a lot of the time when the screen goes off (automatically or manually with power button), it seems to actually go into a standby. I have to use the power button to get my screen back on, the button on the front with the square on it wont wake it up. It vibrates real fast when it comes on from standby as well, but not like the normal power on long vibrate, with the wifi off. Sometimes its checked in the settings still, sometimes its not.

Let me know if your having any of these issues. Mine may be due to me not updating it but from what I have read, the update above mine has issues with the camera and some other things. As of right now, everything works 'ok' as far as actually working. Not many errors. So hopefully they update it again soon to address these issues and not create new ones.

Hope you like yours as much as I do! (Even though my phones waaay faster)

My tablet has a loud static noise from the speakers. I fix it by plugging in a set of headphones. just putting a jack/or even a cut off piece of a cheap set of headphones into the jack will make mine stop making the noise. However if the power cable and head phone jack aren't inserted then the whole thing shuts down! lol. Otherwise the thing is the best dollar for dollar purchase I have ever made.

Chrille

Jan 24, 2012
Hi guys, glad I finally worked out I have a superpad 2, and found this thread.
I am not sure which firmware I have, I got my pad about 2 weeks ago in same shipment with another pad for a friend.
Mine says ver: 20110316
His says: 20110302
From threads I have read, latest update is #3 and this is 20110302
Is this correct? I wanted to update my mates firmware to same as mine as his WiFi is not working well (He gets good signal, but it fails on allocating IP address repeatedly, works sometimes with switch wifi button off on)

I had the same problem with my M7206 tablet. Continous disconnects. It was solved by changing my TP-link router settings. My router default channel-width was set to 40 Mhz, i changed it to 20 Mhz and the problem disapperared. I think the problem is that the Wifi in the tablet are set to the N-standard (uses 40MHz) in software but do only support G-standard =54 Mbit (uses 20Mhz) in hardware. Do you have a TP-link router?

The reason why i think it only support G-standard is because i had the same problem when tweaking my (old) SE X8 mobilephone. I set it to the N-standard and had the same problem. (it only supports G-standard in hardware)The phone reconnected and disconneced continous. When reading at Xda-forums it was only people with TP-link routers that had this problem.