FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

ITCSW

Jul 4, 2011
I am wondering if the firmware discussed here can be used on my tablet. Here are some details of my tablet:

Settings -> Device info:

Some specs from the box it came in:

I would be happy to post more details if needed!

I'm pretty sure yours is the same as mine, external gps sensor 2xusb 1xsd 1xethernet 1xhdmi etc etc, Mine is an FRF85B too and I've flashed with the latest of Tim's firmware from the first post (see post below about mine)

Good luck!

Jul 2, 2011
Mine doesn't have GPS at all, I hope to be able to use an external gps dongle. I think I will go ahead and test it... unless someone says not to do it...

hipdisk

Jun 26, 2011
This Forum is sperb, thanks to everyone posting before me!

I have a SUPERPAD III - FRF85B - If anyone is interested this came in a superpad III box and wasn't great with the factory firmware. Ater reading this post I decided it was safe enough to bite the bullet and flash the firmware with Tims latest firmware update from page 1 of this forum. I couldn't believe the difference, it's like a completely different pad, you can see it outside as the screen is brighter and you can hear the sounds from the speakers.......Also the GPS navigation is now superb and there are far more options available for configuration.

So if you have a Superpad III - FRF85B - Froyo - Android 2.2 pad - I would suggest an upgrade to Tims latest firmware release.

All the best,

ITCSW

Hi can you look at my screen shots in post number 102 and let me know if you have different information on your system. The screen shots show mine after doing the update.

Jul 2, 2011
Hi can you look at my screen shots in post number 102 and let me know if you have different information on your system. The screen shots show mine after doing the update.

My tablet has minor differences. for the first screen (about device):
- Modelnumber: disco (your screenshot shows disco10)
- Android version: Android2.2-20110325 (differs from you, but only by date)

For the 2nd screen, these are the differences:
- Device: wwe10 (yours shows disco10)
- fingerprint: where yours shows DISCO10, mine shows wwe10.
- Host: flyrea-desktop (yours shows dtlinuxserver)
- Mode: wwe10 (yours DISCO10)
- Product: wwe10 (yours DISCO10)
- User: flyrea (yours zjd)

I don't think I see very important difference. Should I go ahead and install this firmware?

Thanks for your help!

hipdisk

Jun 26, 2011
Hi Crashingdutchman

Please check back to start of this thread, at the bottm of post number 1 by Chandos, there is a reference there to sawee10 versions not being compatible with this update. i am assuming your shortened wwe10 is one of the incompatible versions.

Jul 2, 2011
Hi Crashingdutchman

Please check back to start of this thread, at the bottm of post number 1 by Chandos, there is a reference there to sawee10 versions not being compatible with this update. i am assuming your shortened wwe10 is one of the incompatible versions.

Thank you! Saved by the bell I guess :)

vanist_19

Jul 6, 2011
Hi, i have a superpad II and i have a problem.

I linked a headphones (in headphones hole) but it takes a low voltage, now my superpad only reproduce a constant BEEEEEEE on speakers and music nothing....... someone can help me please?

i just need somebody tell me what component i need replace :(

Last edited:

ITCSW

Jul 4, 2011

All looks good to me my friend. My tablet stopped working last night post crash while looking at embedded video in the Open University website. It wouldn't boot, just get to switching the back light on and that was it. So I reflashed using the official firmware release including the bootloader and then reflashed back to Tims latest firmware and it all works fine now.....slightly worrying but as long as it keeps going now I'll be happy!

kankarrio

Jul 12, 2011
[h=3]traducción del español al inglés[/h]

good morning.
my English is not very good.

I have a superpad2
P041
4402 android 2.2 v2.6
kernel 2.6.32.9
frf85b
wwe10
x600
9v charger

the wifi is not going well, I need a firmware compatible with this model.
Could you tell me one?

bigscreen

Jul 21, 2011
Hello,

I have a quick question regarding WIFI. I have flashed the latest TIM firmware. Unfortunatly i run the script to get the old WIFI drivers. As expected, wireless LAN is now useless, as it always looses connection. Is there a way to change the drivers again, without new flashing. Or can the connection loss of the pad solved in an other way?
Thanks for your help.

bigscreen

Artermis

Jul 22, 2011
Hi guys,

sorry to say yet another newbie here. bought what was advertised as flytouch 3 / superpad 3 off good old ebay only to see when box arrived it seems to say superpai III on it - had to laugh a little. bless our oriental friends and their pigeon english.

I not overly bothered though to be honest, although was looking to flash to the newer stuff from Tim mainly for additional 3G dongle support.

everything esle seems to work ok although as I don't have wireless I can't say I've totally checked it out yet and could be walking into a mine field when I do get it connected, who knows?

anyway, specs are:

Mode: DISCO10
Android: 2.2-20110229
Kernel: 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #1
Build: FRF85B

hoping its just some dishonest chinese fellow selling superpad 2s with additional memory as superpad 3s and that I will be able to flash. battery life on it seems fairly good, although i guess turning wifi on will trim it down a bit, charging light is green if that makes any difference.

I take it there is a risk if I do flash and it goes wrong I brick it. is there any way to insure against this, like backup the current system in anyway?

sorry for being a new!

cheers guys and gals,

Ben

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
Hey Ben!

It looks like you got the same model I received I flahed it with TIM4E without any issues what so ever gave me alot better sound than before! The only differences I can see is that your Android release date is from Feb and mine is from May and my Kernal points to server #29 instead of #1? I am debating on going to TIM5A which I have just downloaded, but my system is working exceptionally now (why mess with it??) hmmmm. Hope this helps! Regards
Johnie
Hi guys,

sorry to say yet another newbie here. bought what was advertised as flytouch 3 / superpad 3 off good old ebay only to see when box arrived it seems to say superpai III on it - had to laugh a little. bless our oriental friends and their pigeon english.

I not overly bothered though to be honest, although was looking to flash to the newer stuff from Tim mainly for additional 3G dongle support.

everything esle seems to work ok although as I don't have wireless I can't say I've totally checked it out yet and could be walking into a mine field when I do get it connected, who knows?

anyway, specs are:

Mode: DISCO10
Android: 2.2-20110229
Kernel: 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #1
Build: FRF85B

hoping its just some dishonest chinese fellow selling superpad 2s with additional memory as superpad 3s and that I will be able to flash. battery life on it seems fairly good, although i guess turning wifi on will trim it down a bit, charging light is green if that makes any difference.

I take it there is a risk if I do flash and it goes wrong I brick it. is there any way to insure against this, like backup the current system in anyway?

sorry for being a new!

cheers guys and gals,

Ben

Eddy

Jul 23, 2011
I recently bought what I thought was a Flytouch 3 only to be delivered a box that said SuperPad 3

Model No: DISCO10
Android Version: 2.2-20110529
Kernal version: 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver *hash* 1
Build number: FRF85B

The wifi doesn't work properly in that it doesn't pick up any wifi networks and keeps telling me mine is out of range.

Will a firmware update fix this?