My Tablet can use MicroSD cards but what kind?

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
So I have the HiSense Sero 7 Pro it has a 8GB harddrive and I know it can use a MicroSD card but I was wondering what kind. I'm looking for the biggest size without paying too much I'm hoping there's a cheap card out there. I'll need one for the bigger games.

Also I've heard if you root your tablet you can put the games or apps fully onto the SD Card with files and everything. However is a great think to root your tablet? If I only play games, search on the internet or watch Hulu/Netflix.

If I understand it right without rooting a tablet is like putting the file from an MMO when it starts to install on a External hardrive the icon stays on your tablet but all the files to make it work go on the MicroSD card.

Is it better to put it fully on a SD card like will my apps run out of room to appear on the screen?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Any microSD card should work. Most tablets can read up to 32 GB without issue. 64 GB and higher use a different file system (exFAT) and may not be supported.

I will say you should buy class 4 or faster, and most importantly 1 from a reputable dealer (not eBay!). There are a lot if fake cards that show 32 or 16 GB of space but they are really a 2 GB card that report that they are larger. Only the last 2 GB of data is accessible. I would buy from Amazon, but make sure it is actually sold by amazon and not a 3rd party.

I have SanDisk cards for my tablet (32 GB class 10 and two 64 GB class 10's)

As far as moving apps, most users have not found a good and reliable way to do this even with rooting in most devices. I keep my music, movies and photos on the microSD cards and save the internal storage for apps.

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
Any microSD card should work. Most tablets can read up to 32 GB without issue. 64 GB and higher use a different file system (exFAT) and may not be supported.

I will say you should buy class 4 or faster, and most importantly 1 from a reputable dealer (not eBay!). There are a lot if fake cards that show 32 or 16 GB of space but they are really a 2 GB card that report that they are larger. Only the last 2 GB of data is accessible. I would buy from Amazon, but make sure it is actually sold by amazon and not a 3rd party.

I have SanDisk cards for my tablet (32 GB class 10 and two 64 GB class 10's)

As far as moving apps, most users have not found a good and reliable way to do this even with rooting in most devices. I keep my music, movies and photos on the microSD cards and save the internal storage for apps.

Thanks.

I only have 8GB of Internal Storage and like all technology that 8GB isn't really 8GB because of the stuff already loaded on the tablet. and big games like GTA are at least 2GB and Bards Tale I know is 1GB. That's why I need a SD card.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
My Acer also has only 8GB of internal memory, so I've inserted a Kingston 8GB micro SD card (class 4) with an adapter for my laptop that I purchased at the local Radio Shack on sale. But in my case, I mainly surf the net, so I don't need a lot of external storage.