Mystery Reboot When Using for Car Audio

relik

Aug 5, 2014
I have an ASUS TF300T tablet which has both Google Music and Amazon Prime Music installed, with several albums downloaded.

I have no problem playing from either app to headphones, computer speakers, or my home stereo system. I can play to portable speakers in a vehicle without any problem.

However, when I am using output to the car system in my wife's VW Passat, or to an FM transmitter in my old pickup truck, I get occasional random restarts of the tablet.

It does it in both Google Music and Amazon. It seems to not matter what I am playing. I have tried turning down the device volume, switching off the wi-fi, etc. Doesn't seem to be related to vibration of the vehicle. The only commonality I can find is that it happens when the sound is coming out of the car speakers.

It's not a deal killer, per se, but it's beginning to irritate. I've googled but did not find anything resembling this problem so I thought I'd toss the idea out there. The unit is about 4 years old, but otherwise works great, and has done this since very early on.

Anyone seen this behavior or might have an idea what is causing it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

That is such an odd problem, and one I haven't heard of before despite all my TF300 experiences in support on another forum I'm afraid there may not be an answer.

FLYONWALL9

Jan 19, 2015
I am completely new here but have been in car audio for going on
26 years. Wondering are you using the headphone jack converted
to RCA in one of the cars? I see you have used an FM transmitter,
and back in the day I have had this issue with them and CD changers,
depending on what we used to get 12v from.

Do you have this issue running only on the devise's power supply
or when it is plugged into the cars 12v supply?

I've found various products that will convert USB, mini USB to
other forms of audio input. I use mostly TOS link so that has
been my focus, but perhaps using something like these in your
wife's car (if she has a factory radio) would cure this. Peripheral
makes several items to allow you to install tablets and other MP3
devices.