Need a NAND backup for haipad m701

Sumerian81

Dec 29, 2010
I did a firmware update earlier and it seems to have bricked my tablet. When I restarted the tablet after it said it was completed, it would not turn off....the power button light just stayed blue no matter what I did. So..I decided to take it apart and disconnect the battery for a hard reboot. While I was inside the tablet I noticed there was a microSD card in it. I took the card out and hooked it up to my pc and found out that it was empty, so apparently my firmware flash did not work out at all. What I am assuming I need it a nand backup to put on the microSD so I can get it to boot up again. If anyone has one that they can send me I would very much appreciate it, thank you for you help.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i have one but it is for the m701r which is suppose to be backwards compatible with the m701 but i guess it really doesnt matter because your device is already messed up

bobwho

Dec 18, 2010
That doesn't sound like a true haipad 701, blue power light? Hidden micro sd? Have you idntified which type you have?

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Release Board (US) using Android Tablet Forum App

Sumerian81

Dec 29, 2010
I was pretty sure it was a Haipad because I saw someone with the same device and same package on youtube, but I guess it may not be which would explain why the firmware change did what it did. Do you have any ideas as to what kind it might be? I posted a thread with a picture of the motherboard on the forum but I have not got any responses as to what it truly is. I am even emailing back in forth with the seller to figure it out but so far no luck. Here is the link to the seller and the item if that helps: 7 Tablet PC Google Android 2.1 System Black Diamond for Sale at GadgetTown.com. Thank you for your responses and your help.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Um, yeah, that is NOT a Haipad tablet at all. Sorry. Blue light was a tip-off. Hidden SD? Definitely not. Extra buttons = extra definitely not.

You can't go by the outward appearance, you can't even go buy the packaging or user manual as the knock-offs are getting knocked-off themselves with less-than-reputable types wholesale copying documentation and packaging from another manufacturer (Haipad even has a note about the fakes on its website, presumably because they're sick of fielding support questions for tablets they didn't make).

Good luck figuring out what you bought.