Need a root solution for Mid7022

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
JOe: Look at Fun's post No. 22 in this thread. Go to the link on this post. Read this page carefully. There is a link down the page for Coby Myros 7022, shows ClockworkMod, CM7, and fastboot image. Download these files and follow the instructions. I only used the CLockWork Mod file part.

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
Yeah. Use the insructions on Post #20 for rooting after you get ClockWorkMod installed and backup your system. Worked for me.

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
Most excellent! Thanks for your help. I just rooted and it's working fine. Now to get root explorer installed and I'll be golden.

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Can anyone explain the benefits to using cm7. I downloaded superuser and it gave me root permisions.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
With cm7 you can add the Google
Android market. Cm also has other features.
Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
There is no real benefit unless you like a more custom UI. You can add the market just fine without CM7 just follow daprospecta's instructions.

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Thanks, that answers my question. Got market following dapaospecta's method. He is really good with this stuff.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
ok, then, I'll forget what you said about my and my helpers work.

there is a way to make complete backup of your rom without any change. once you make complete backup, you can revert any minimal change. if you want to make backup, read "How to dump stock recovery" and "How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 4", in Telechips custom firmwares | androtab.info , then make backup. use "COBY Kyros MID7022 8K" files.

if you don't want to make backup and/or install clockworkmod, please forget everything. I'll stop posting here.
I can't make a stock recovery when it goes into recovery mode i get a triangle with a ! in the middle of the triangle. This is what i did
  1. downloaded dump-recovery-signed.zip from here
  2. formatted my SD Card to fat32 (full format)
  3. then renamed dump-recovery-signed.zip to update.zip
  4. made a sdcard folder in tflash
  5. placed the update.zip inside sdcard folder
  6. went into setting>about device>system updates>install system updates>from SD Card>install now
  7. this way showed the progress bar for a sec then I got Exclamation point
  8. then i tried to boot in to recovery mode by holding power and back button still gave me the exclamation point
I don't know what I am doing wrong
UPDATE: found out that i needed to press the back button when in recovery to bring up the menu. Now when I update it says install from sdcard complete but i cant find the img file where is it stored?
UPDATE 2: got it to dump the stock recovery image

Last edited:

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
hey guys, can i use this LK rom for my 1/2 bricked 7022 ?<br><br>http://androtab.info/files/telechips/cm7/20110804/EM73-8K/lk_hy30_androtab.rom<br><br><br>

fun

Aug 19, 2010
hey guys, can i use this LK rom for my 1/2 bricked 7022 ?<br><br>http://androtab.info/files/telechips/cm7/20110804/EM73-8K/lk_hy30_androtab.rom<br><br><br>

why did you post direct link without any warnings?
this is original post about that lk.rom: xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets
you should know no one confirm anything yet.

you may verify type of camera and you can verify build date yourself. or do you have any reason you can't do it yourself?
of course you may try lk_hy30_androtab.rom yourself.

--
for all,
as I said in original post and in everywhere, I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO FLASH LK.ROM FOR ANOTHER TABLET.

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
why did you post direct link without any warnings?
this is original post about that lk.rom: xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets
you should know no one confirm anything yet.

you may verify type of camera and you can verify build date yourself. or do you have any reason you can't do it yourself?
of course you may try lk_hy30_androtab.rom yourself.

--
for all,
as I said in original post and in everywhere, I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO FLASH LK.ROM FOR ANOTHER TABLET.

it was not my intention to post a link that might be harmful to others, i know this one is not part of the offical releases but i am willing to put my tablet at risk and try it out for everyone, yes, i would need help to verify the type of camera and build date of this particular tablet.

Also, is there a list of what it should be in order to run this LK ?