Need driver for Apad IMX515

donemjr

Jan 14, 2011
I just bought the Apad from Utopia, it is running Android 2.2 and I need the driver to communicate with my PC. Anyone know where I can download the driver for the Apad IMX515? [email protected]

turtle

Jan 27, 2011
I have just got my pad (FR-809; Freescale Mx515) and I have the same problem. My PC knows that an Android-something is plugged into it but says it can't install the driver and I can't see my pad in Explorer. Anyone got any ideas??

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
You need to turn on usb storage mode on the pad after plugging it into the pc to be able to see the internal storage on the pc

Sent from my rk2818sdk using Tapatalk

drbram

Jan 18, 2011
No need of driver, after connecting your apad to your computer by the datacord, apad will show USB connected in the upper bar.Touch the usb connector symbol and from the dropdown make sure to make usb debugging and usb connection "ON".Go to mycomputer open the driver and you will see Driver I,J,& K of your Apad & now you can transfer file ,software between your Apad & Computer.

tracy77

Apr 6, 2011
I tried for four days to get usb to work, forget it. Download z4root and adbwireless, this is the only way sorry to say...

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
its very simple as everyone has stated. pull down the status bar and turn on usb storage.

$usb.jpg

Amrod

Mar 6, 2011
Theory sounds great, but it seems that we have a defective usb cable or device..

tracy77

Apr 6, 2011
Download z4root and apkshare from Appstore. Root then you can load adbwireless from apkshare. Mess around with sdk and you will get a connection.....

Witness

Apr 17, 2011
For anyone having trouble with this -

The drivers here :
UnRevoked Modified USB Drivers

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/lib/e...unrevoked.com/recovery/android-usb-driver.zip

Should do the trick...

If you have drivers installed from DropBox or DoubleTwist on your PC - you'll have to uninstall 1st :( - they cause issues (try w/o though - don't take my word for it) ..

In my case - I also had to reboot my tablet into recovery mode in order for windows to 're-recognize'' my tablet and 're-prompt' me for the drivers..

You do this by

1) power off tab
2) power on tab
3) immediately hold the two side buttons and the big bottom button

This will bring you to the 'recovery menu'.

What you see on this page will depend on what model you have from what vendor - it's not important for installing USB - my only reason for bringing it up - is - again - until I did this - Windows (VistaHome64 w/ AMD3x) - wouldn't 'see' my tab for me to even install the drivers.

You can exit the menu by choosing 'reboot' or similar - or - as in my case, a hard-rest was necessary anyway to get the tab to pop the USB notification in the notification bar.

You do this by hitting the reset button which is in the tiny pin-hole on the bottom of the device, to the left of where your charging cable connects. Use a paperclip/earring to push it - once you do - the device will re-set. Note : the right side looks like a hole also - but it's the charging LED - don't put a pin in there.. ).

You enable USB on the tab by dropping down the top notification bar - tap and drag it down - it's hard sometimes w/ all the jitter.. I kind of tap and 'flick' w/ my fingernail a bit.. Anyhow - amongst other things listed there - should now be a notice about USB - click it - it'll bring up a new menu that someone in this thread posted a nice pictre of - press the enable button and .. hopefully - you'll see 3 new drives appear in Windows explorer (they'll be different on everyone's computer depending on how many drives you had to start w/ - so I can't say Drives are J,K,L)

I can only access 1 of the 3 - the '1st' new one - that seems 'normal'.

This *IS* the 'SDCARD' where you need to copy rom's to in order to change a rom - simply copy the img/md5 to the ROOT of that directory, then, go to the 'recovery menu' as I described above - step 1 choose Update System - step 2 choose Wipe cache partition - step 3 reboot - step 4 enjoy. Some people will says step 3 should be to wipe all your old data - I don't - that's a pain - and I haven't figured out why not yet.. I'm using tekowalsky 's
build from the forum here (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ker-apad-imx515-modded-two-speaker-clone.html) - it seems as the best so far, but doesn't have Flash 10.2 and some other things- but seems the best I've run across thus far..

Also - for those who have what I call 'WhiteScreenOfDeath' - a reset alone has fixed it in every instance. Especially when I put my tab into 'sleep/lock' and bring it to life by hitting a side button - lock up .. and at other random time... reset always fixes for me - and no loss/damage..

Also..

** It's VERY important to note..

*** Your Tablet's Cable is **NOT** the same as an iDevice Cable ****

I have seen time and time again people connecting their iPhone cable to their android clone tablet and saying 'see - the usb doesn't work'. It's not the same pinout - no the same same cable. You *MUST* use the cable that came w/ your android tab.

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
For anyone having trouble with this -

The drivers here :
UnRevoked Modified USB Drivers

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?hash=908951&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unrevoked.com%2Frecovery%2Fandroid-usb-driver.zip

Should do the trick...

If you have drivers installed from DropBox or DoubleTwist on your PC - you'll have to uninstall 1st :( - they cause issues (try w/o though - don't take my word for it) ..

In my case - I also had to reboot my tablet into recovery mode in order for windows to 're-recognize'' my tablet and 're-prompt' me for the drivers..

You do this by

1) power off tab
2) power on tab
3) immediately hold the two side buttons and the big bottom button

This will bring you to the 'recovery menu'.

What you see on this page will depend on what model you have from what vendor - it's not important for installing USB - my only reason for bringing it up - is - again - until I did this - Windows (VistaHome64 w/ AMD3x) - wouldn't 'see' my tab for me to even install the drivers.

You can exit the menu by choosing 'reboot' or similar - or - as in my case, a hard-rest was necessary anyway to get the tab to pop the USB notification in the notification bar.

You do this by hitting the reset button which is in the tiny pin-hole on the bottom of the device, to the left of where your charging cable connects. Use a paperclip/earring to push it - once you do - the device will re-set. Note : the right side looks like a hole also - but it's the charging LED - don't put a pin in there.. ).

You enable USB on the tab by dropping down the top notification bar - tap and drag it down - it's hard sometimes w/ all the jitter.. I kind of tap and 'flick' w/ my fingernail a bit.. Anyhow - amongst other things listed there - should now be a notice about USB - click it - it'll bring up a new menu that someone in this thread posted a nice pictre of - press the enable button and .. hopefully - you'll see 3 new drives appear in Windows explorer (they'll be different on everyone's computer depending on how many drives you had to start w/ - so I can't say Drives are J,K,L)

I can only access 1 of the 3 - the '1st' new one - that seems 'normal'.

This *IS* the 'SDCARD' where you need to copy rom's to in order to change a rom - simply copy the img/md5 to the ROOT of that directory, then, go to the 'recovery menu' as I described above - step 1 choose Update System - step 2 choose Wipe cache partition - step 3 reboot - step 4 enjoy. Some people will says step 3 should be to wipe all your old data - I don't - that's a pain - and I haven't figured out why not yet.. I'm using tekowalsky 's
build from the forum here (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ker-apad-imx515-modded-two-speaker-clone.html) - it seems as the best so far, but doesn't have Flash 10.2 and some other things- but seems the best I've run across thus far..

Also - for those who have what I call 'WhiteScreenOfDeath' - a reset alone has fixed it in every instance. Especially when I put my tab into 'sleep/lock' and bring it to life by hitting a side button - lock up .. and at other random time... reset always fixes for me - and no loss/damage..

Also..

** It's VERY important to note..

*** Your Tablet's Cable is **NOT** the same as an iDevice Cable ****

I have seen time and time again people connecting their iPhone cable to their android clone tablet and saying 'see - the usb doesn't work'. It's not the same pinout - no the same same cable. You *MUST* use the cable that came w/ your android tab.

This driver is for Windows XP, I recently upgrade to Windows 7 32bit, it seems does not able to install this driver from these .INF file.

Any idea how to fool the WIN7 to install XP driver ?

thanks

James

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
This driver is for Windows XP, I recently upgrade to Windows 7 32bit, it seems does not able to install this driver from these .INF file.

Any idea how to fool the WIN7 to install XP driver ?

thanks

James

Try to install as administrator. Also try installing under the compatibility options