NEED HELP!! Enabled Screen Lock and Cant remember the pattern!

mamavazquez

Dec 25, 2010
I got my daughter an MID apad for Christmas. She loved it for about 4 hrs and set the password for the screen. Now She doesnt remember it and we cant even get to the menu to do a factory reset!! Help! What can I do?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Try entering patterns about six or more times right in a row. It *should* at some point ask you to enter your Gmail/Google account info instead.

mamavazquez

Dec 25, 2010
It doesnt ask us to enter the google email. We didnt have that set up yet anyway. But it just lets us try 5 times then it will make us wait 20 seconds between tries and let us try 5 more!

Dec 28, 2010
Hey i've got the same problem and i've been following what to do.. I am on windows aswell.. Could you explain how to use the android sdk? I don't know how to find my dreambook... it wont pick it up..

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@Interestedface

You may need to add your device to the "android_winusb.ini" file for the driver. The USB driver for ADB provided by Google only works with a small list of devices (all phones) and will only work "out of the box" on non-listed devices with similar enough hardware. Most of these tablets are NOT going to be on that list so you have to add them to the .ini file and overwrite the one installed by the driver.

HACK DRIVER android_winusb.ini FILE
1. Copy one of the existing sections with two parameters something like this:
Code:
;Moto Sholes
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB&MI_01
2. Paste it in between a couple of the other entries
3. Change the device name to whatever you own
4. Go to the device manager
5. Double-click on ADB (which should have an question mark next to it).
6. Select details.
7. From the dropbox select “Device Instance ID” and copy the VID and PID
8. Paste the VID & PID values into the entry you created
9. Either reinstall or update the driver
10. Open Console, cd to the SDK /tools folder and type "adb.exe devices" - your device should now show up as connected (it may show it as a gibberish-looking device ID instead of the name).

Last edited:

mamavazquez

Dec 25, 2010
Thanks but before your post I was able to get the software and reflash the device. Now it actually works better than before!!

erwinzeez

Nov 23, 2010
Please try to use a thin needle to hollow in/out the “reset hole” first, if it’s not solved, please restore software MORE