Need help finding a tablet for wife's birthday!!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi SpeMail, thank you for answering my questions! I have just placed my order and i look forward to getting the tablet for my wifes birthday!

I would like to thank the people who took their time to read my post and reply to it too! Cheers guys! I will put an update on here when i get the tablet!

Ginga

Hi Ginga, Thanks for your order! i'll keep you update with the latest news about your order! Thanks! :)

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Hi Ginga, Thanks for your order! i'll keep you update with the latest news about your order! Thanks! :)

Hi SpeMall, any news on a dispatch date? Oh i did forget to ask waht apps it comes with out of the box and where do i go for any firmware updates if needed?

Cheers
Ginga

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-tablet-dual-core-dual-cmera-bluetooth-2.html

Check the link from second page! I am waiting to hear from SpeMall to see if i will get what i ordered the Cube U30GT (which is what i want!) in time or if i can swap to the new N90 (which i didn't really want).

While i am waiting to hear......

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has a minute to see..... If you where in the same situation with an order, from SpeMall, for your other half what would you do?

a) Wait to see if the batch of Cube's turn up?
b) Take a swap for the N90 if it can be delivered in the 3-5 day as ordered?
c) Ask for paypal refund as you may get stuck with no tablet and no other money for a gift for you other half or family member?
d) Other suggestions?

I read this site about reviews for SpeMall as they are a recommended supplier and thought they sound good, so i am really really hoping that this is a real glitch and not a way of taking money and keeping it until the units turn up.

I am really hoping that i can update this post with some good news tomorrow! Lets see..

Ginga

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Ginga, sorry, i've just noticed your post here, i've sent you a PM already, pls check, thanks! :)

hel22

Jun 15, 2012
any updates? I would like to order the cube too but I won't if they are out of stock ATM

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Hi,

I recived my CUBE this morning after SpeMall sorted out my order. They were very good in getting it all sorted for me and within time for my wifes birthday too!

The tablet was sent through HK DHL
The tablet was picked up in HK on Sat 13:28 and it turned up this morning (Monday) at 9:19am in Liverpool. Now that is worth spending the extra couple of quid for!!

It was well packed and took a few mins to unwrap carefully with scissors, a good wrap job SpeMall, the corners on the box were a bit dented "BUT" as the unit is in its own plastic cradle within the box this did not effect the unit! I booted it up and after changing the speed for the touch screen to long (short and meduim were waaaaaay too fast for me) i could scroll through everything no problems. I will be checking it out and downloading apps over the next few days, if i can, before reluctantly handing it over to my wife for her birthday! ;)

All in all, i am very very impressed with the it when comparing it to some friends tablets! This flys along!

One thing that i noticed when sliding from screen to screen is there is a ghost block that you can see like a picture frame that turns over on each page, it will not put you off it, but just thought i would mention it in case someone has come across it before and knows its just a tweak i need to do?

So thank you SpeMall and thank you for the extras too and kind words!!

Would i do business again? Hell yes i would! Once we had email communication there was no problems what so ever. I would suggest to email any questions or queries as it is quicker than raising a ticket on their website.

So it all ended up good in the end!

Ginga

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi,

I recived my CUBE this morning after SpeMall sorted out my order. They were very good in getting it all sorted for me and within time for my wifes birthday too!

The tablet was sent through HK DHL
The tablet was picked up in HK on Sat 13:28 and it turned up this morning (Monday) at 9:19am in Liverpool. Now that is worth spending the extra couple of quid for!!

It was well packed and took a few mins to unwrap carefully with scissors, a good wrap job SpeMall, the corners on the box were a bit dented "BUT" as the unit is in its own plastic cradle within the box this did not effect the unit! I booted it up and after changing the speed for the touch screen to long (short and meduim were waaaaaay too fast for me) i could scroll through everything no problems. I will be checking it out and downloading apps over the next few days, if i can, before reluctantly handing it over to my wife for her birthday! ;)

All in all, i am very very impressed with the it when comparing it to some friends tablets! This flys along!

One thing that i noticed when sliding from screen to screen is there is a ghost block that you can see like a picture frame that turns over on each page, it will not put you off it, but just thought i would mention it in case someone has come across it before and knows its just a tweak i need to do?

So thank you SpeMall and thank you for the extras too and kind words!!

Would i do business again? Hell yes i would! Once we had email communication there was no problems what so ever. I would suggest to email any questions or queries as it is quicker than raising a ticket on their website.

So it all ended up good in the end!

Ginga

Hi Ginga,
Thanks very much for your update! Welcome back to SpeMall.com! :)

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hope you took some pictures of it Ginga, once you give it to your wife you may never see it again. I gave my wife a tablet for her birthday and she keeps it hidden, so I can't "improve" it for her.:rolleyes:

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Hope you took some pictures of it Ginga, once you give it to your wife you may never see it again. I gave my wife a tablet for her birthday and she keeps it hidden, so I can't "improve" it for her.:rolleyes:

Haha!! Yeah i dont think i will see it again ever!!