Need help, How to install thai language support in andriod 2.1

com9

Jan 18, 2011
i used for android tablet 2.1 english version, but i need to use for thai language appearance. so i want to anybody to help, for previously i'm attemp to do but everytime fails, how i do?, Please

thank you so very much

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
have you looked under "settings -> language & keyboard -> setting locale -> thai"
anyways it doesn't seem to affect my tablet

com9

Jan 18, 2011
i had bought for a 7" android 2.1 tablet from china, my problem is can not use thai language appearence, so i have tried to copy thai fonts into the android 2.1 setup file (script->android_fs) and install to my tablet, after finished i will tried to turn it on again and to set "locale & text" to "Thai" with "Thai Keyboard", It worked, that is it can view thai language on web browser and can used for thai keypad but the impact has been unable to connect to WI-FI signal, It shows up as "Obtained IP ...." and "Unsuccessful" only. I don't know what happened. So i tried again but for this time i used the standard android setup file (standard script) not including thai language font. after that i tried to connect Wi-Fi again, OMG... it worked, it can connected with Wi-Fi signal, and of course, i can't use thai appearance. So i need some help from anybody to solve my problem, I NEED HELP, PLEASE!!!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you did not modify the wifi drivers or the kernel, it should have no impact on the wifi. Try repacking the firmware and reflashing...

You have a VIA tablet with Android 1.6 from the sounds of it...

Max2048

Apr 10, 2011
Did you install Thai fonts on your Android yet? Leave a message for me if you still need help with this.

Max2048

Apr 10, 2011
* Go to Market Place.
* Click on Search.
* Search for the word "Thai".
* I installed "CN Thai Keyboard" and now I can type Thai on my email.

I hope this help.