Need Help or Advice on Boot Animation and Splash screen changes

nhwestra

Nov 3, 2011
I have a Novo 7A. Firmware 2.0.4
Tried all the free boot animation changers. Nothing works.
I know the screen is 480x800. bootanimation.zip has the correct size images. desc.txt is also correct.
Zip is uncompressed.
I have manually placed it in
/system/media
and
data/local
Nothing works.
I also want to change the splash screen but that seems like I would have to compile a rom. I really don't want to do that because I am not too sure how and the learning curve seems a bit step.
I'd like to know where the current boot animation is because I can't find it. It displays 'android' in silver letters.
Any one got any ideas?
I been at this for 2 days and no luck.....
tia...
NHwestra

nhwestra

Nov 3, 2011
I solved this.
One .png in the animation was NOT 480x800. It was 480x854. The firmware gagged on it.
Probably other issues seeing that I used multiple apk's to TRY to get this to work.
Doing it manually is the best way. Some apk bootanimation changers switch the location and add bootup instructions on where to find it.
Rant concluded.
If your gonna change the BSA (boot screen animation) clean install the firmware and find where bootanimation.zip is.
Also...beware that when u d/l a BSA that it may be compressed. That will NOT work for a BSA. BSA must be unompressed. In winzip select compression method; store.
Now the rant is concluded.
Thanks probbiethe1 getting back to me and trying...

nhwestra

Nov 3, 2011
Thank You for responding again....;^)
Now if could just get the android_audio.mp3 to work in the android folder in bootanimation.zip
I think the firmware somehow is not allowing any sound to work.
bootanimation.xml seems like it just isn't co-operating...as far as I can see. Any one ever take a lookat this?
Right now I'm using v2 feiyu with lordbm script.
I wish I know how to compile stuff like this...