Need Help, Process andriod has stop unexpectedly

Knight22

Nov 26, 2010
I turned on my G Tablet this morning and before I could do anything a message popped up saying " process andriod.process.acore has stop unexpectedly." Tried turning it off then back on and still get it. Has anyone else experienced this and know what to do to fix it?

I have a G Tablet running TnT Lite 2.2, and have the ADW.Launcher installed.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Did you repartition before installing the TnT ROM? If not, this may be the root cause of your issue.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yep, you are totally correct. There is nothing at all in the GUIDE about doing repartitions. Turns out though that after researching why I was having these problems that the Viewsonic partitioning scheme from the factory stinks, and Android does not like it. The result is you can wind up running for months with no problems, or have them right out of the gate, but this SHOULD fix it, especially if you are running one of the TnT ROMs (note the special setting for that).

I have created a post on this here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-tablets/5090-partitioning-gtab.html

Sorry I missed it the first time around.

mfraga

Feb 4, 2011
Had the same issue. I found the fix in XDA group. Use titanium backup to wipe contacts. This will get you back in business.

Aug 25, 2010
Just remember, before you partition to back up your SDCARD. When you partition, everything on the SDCARD gets formatted.

shockologist

Mar 6, 2011
Had the same issue. I found the fix in XDA group. Use titanium backup to wipe contacts. This will get you back in business.

which contacts...i have tried several times to fix the same issue (the root seems to be the fact that we dont actually have a phone?)