Need help transferring files between my tablet and PC

stevetheman

Oct 10, 2012
Hey eveyone,

I have one of the new 10.2 inch Tursion Zenithink ZT Pad clones, running android 4.0/4.1 on a Cortex A9 Dual Core at 1.3 ghz. I have looked on this forum, but could not find anything about this, so: how do I transfer files between it and my PC? I plugged it in via USB, and the computer saw the tablet, but it couldn't recognize it. If someone knows where to find appropriate drivers, or any other way to do this, please let me know. I have RSI, so i really need to be able to start using my tablet. Thanks, everybody!

Steve

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
You can get WiFi File Explorer from either Google Play or Amazon App Store. Just enter the tablet's address in your PC browser and it reads all the files on the tablet. I created a link for the address and put it on my Desktop for quicker access anytime.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Steve

+1 for WiFi File Explorer and you may also want to check out WiFi File Transfer and AirDroid. I would try to help with the problem of not seeing your tablet but it may in fact be something with your PC's configuration causing the problem. You might want to try restarting your PC with the tablet attached.

stevetheman

Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for the help guys. I don't have a wireless router right now, so I need this USB thing to work. Anything else you can think of, let me know. Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Without WiFi I'm not certain how much help connecting to your PC would be. As for drivers, you will have better luck if your PC (assuming it's Windows) has Media Player 11 on it. You also may want to check your device manager for anything that stands out as not recognized and delete it. Another thing to do would be to check the settings on the tablet. Depending on the version of Android there is or may be a setting called USB debug you could turn on. If you have Jelly Bean look under storage then tap the little menu icon upper right and make certain Media Device is checked.