Need ideas for training/seminar!

gincrabby

Nov 14, 2013
Our department's supervisor is going to retire late this year. I'm one of the two candidates that can possibly be chosen for that position. I've worked hard to get to where I am now, that is, department manager. I've worked lots of late hours, sometimes unpaid, just to make sure that my work is of the best quality and quantity.

The other department manager and I are being given a month to prepare for a training/seminar for the other department supervisors and managers.The group that we will be instructing has been divided into two. So that's one for the other manager and one for me. It wasn't specifically said that this will affect who will get the department supervisor position but still I really want to do my best.

Have I mentioned that I work in the HR department that's why we're in charge of the training, seminars and workshops?

Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your replies.

Charley Dorsey

Feb 25, 2015
You might not be able to get many replies here, try other HR related forum sites instead. But at least let me try.

My work usually deals with employee training programs. I do and present it.

I do it along with a consultant/provider that the company hired. Although, I am confident enough to do it on my own, the assistance is really a big help in terms of the presentation's content and the best way to present it.

apatheticforester

Feb 28, 2015
Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?

Are you allowed to go outdoors? If you are then why not have a team building after the seminar activity. In that way you can teach, learn, bond and enjoy at the same time :)