Need Suggestion for Custom Android 2.3 Tablet ROM. Giving Away 50 Google+ Invites

Aug 8, 2011
Hi Folks. In return for helpful suggestions to my questions below, I'm giving away 50 Google+ invites.

I'm just getting ready for a trip to Europe and would like to upgrade the default Android 2.3 on my new tablet from China. The existing Android 2.3 on it is designed for mobile phones and is also clunky. I know Android 2.3 is only designed for mobile phones, and Android 3.x will be for tablets (and is not yet released by Google to everyone), but I wanted to see if there is a custom Android 2.3 ROM I could use that's better than the stock one and works better for a tablet, and also has less mobile phone processes running, e.g. I had to install a free app to put the darn thing into "Airplane Mode" (which turned off a lot of the mobile phone processes) and still use Wi-Fi, which increased the battery life by 300% !!

So, my Android 7" tablet specs are:

- full details at: www[dot]techtoys2go[dot]com/quicksilver
- Operating System: Android 2.3.3, Kernel version 2.6.35.7
- Processor: Telechips TCC8803 1.2GHz
- Screen: 7", 800*480 multi-touch
- Touchscreen: capacitive (I did NOT buy the cheaper resistive version)
- Memory: 512MB DDR3
- Storage: 4GB built in
- Card Reader: microSD up to 32GB
- Audio: speaker, phones, mic
- Other Ports: miniHDMI, miniUSB
- Webcam: VGA front facing
- 3G Network: 3G ready, external dongle
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g
- G Sensor: yes
- Battery: 3.7v 3600mAh lithium

Which custom Android 2.3 ROM do you think will work on this and is good? Help me out guys, I need an answer quick so I can root/burn this sucker in the next few days before my trip on Monday. First 50 cool responses get a Google+ invite :) Hope that's tempting enough. LOL

Cheers
Steve

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us here and I hope you enjoy your European trip.