netflix issue with a new android 4.0.3 tablet

georgewever

Nov 24, 2012
I know there has been a lot of discussion about this and i have been reading for hours about different versions of netflix working with different tablets and versions of android. I have tried a couple different versions and i am yet to find anything that will work on this new tablet my daughter received for her birthday. I really dont know much about it other than the following information. I did read somewhere from another post when i searched the model number possibly a epad?

model gs701b
android version 4.0.3
kernel 3.0.8
adobe flash player 11.1

everything else seems to work just fine. I have put some of my movies onto the memory card and they play wonderful. I have also put her favorite music on it and it plays great. Sound is terrible without headphones but what tiny device these days has great sound?

Thanks for any advice that anyone can give me!!!

buttnugget21

Nov 25, 2012
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ions/50028-ultratab-jazz-9-inch-tablet-3.html
this is how i fixed it.
So I fixed my own issue, I uninstalled the updated netflix. Then I used Netflix 1.7.0 - APKTOP this version of netflix which is the prior one from the latest and manually downloaded the apk at the bottom. It was as simply as transferring the apk to my downloads folder on my tablet and using ES File Explorer to install the app. For safe keeping I made sure unknown sources was checked.

georgewever

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the info i attempted this and when i launch netflix the screen turns black for about 5 seconds then goes back to the desktop. This is exactly what the newer version does as well. I went in and made sure it was version 1.7.0. You Tube and personal movies all run fine its just this app that seems to give me a problem. anyone have any other ideas? At least i got a real cool app out of this with ES File Explorer!!!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Do you have google play on the tablet? Did you tried getting Netflix from the google market ? That's what I did with one of my tablets which is 4.0

georgewever

Nov 24, 2012
Yes i have google play and i have tried the newest netflix app from google market. I have also tried the netflix app from amazon. I have tried about 3-4 different older netflix apps. Kinda sucks because this is the only thing that does not work. I can stream YouTube and play movies with no issues.

georgewever

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the help travoll still didnt work though. This one at least went to the black screen and just stayed there. I had to back out of the application it would just never load netflix.

So today i went on and DL the latest nexflix app from nexflix web site and when i run it i get the netflix open screen then a webpage not available screen appears. It says that the webpage at itms-apps://itunes.com/apps/netflix might be temporarilhy down or it may have been moved permanently to a new web address, Since when does android apps require itunes??

lisa.lesher

Nov 28, 2012
Thank you so much for this! I bought all 3 of my kids the ematic funtab for Christmas and was trying to pre load apps and netflix but couldn't figure out how to install netflix. I was planning on returning all 3 if I couldn't find a solution . You just saved me =)

georgewever

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks Travoll i found the setting and changed it now when i log into netflix from their web site i get a compatibility message. I attempted the black splash app again and it goes to a black screen and i have to back out of it. All others show the first Netflix red screen then go back to the desktop. Thinking there really is a compatibility issue now!!!

tvojtko

Dec 11, 2012
I was having the same problem and this is the only version that worked for me Netflix v1.8.1 Black Splash and Full Rotation Mod! 7/26/2012 - xda-developers

I got two Ematic Funtabs for my kids and have tried Netflix v2.0.2, v1.7.0 and v1.8.1 recommended here. I can successfully view movies in Netflix as soon as I install the app, but if I exit out of Netflix and then try to re-launch the app, I can scroll through the movies, but when I tap on one to view it, nothing happens.

Same thing on both Funtab's, same thing for all 3 versions that I've tried. I've also contacted Ematic Support and made the changes in the settings that they recommend (they are the ones that recommended v1.7.0).

Any recommendations are much appreciated!