netflix update

jobslave

Jul 12, 2011
has anyone experienced trying to upgrade netflix on the transformer from the market, but find that the link is no longer available.(My transformer is not rooted)

Fusioncept

Jul 24, 2011
If you go to the app store in a browser, you can see that the netflix app is not compatible with the Transformer. It is extremely unfortunate but true. I hope they get support for it at some point.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Grend

Sep 28, 2011
I have netflix on my Transformer (not rooted) and it currently works. I don't know what fluke allows this, but it does work. Its odd, it tells me there is an update, which i tried once, but it would not load. But if i hit cancel, the show I want to watch loads and runs.

I got the link from the netflix link they had in the android tablet news feed a while back, which I could wish I could find again. My wife's transformer gets an error when trying to get the app.

beastman

May 8, 2011
You can SEARCH the forum for netflix. I have the update running on my unsupported gtablet. Someone posted the update a week or two ago (same day as netflix released the update)

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Alvaster

Sep 25, 2011
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I googled the Android apk for lower Android builds (2.2, etc), and installed THAT on my Transformer. I get Netflix, (which isn't on my Transformer's market), but it will constantly ask to update and take me to market, where Netflix is magically available, but it doesn't offer a download, only "open", (given I already HAVE it), and again, will ask to update. I can ignore, but the point it, IT WORKS. I can watch my movies and shows and haven't a single complaint. Aside the persistent update.

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I googled the Android apk for lower Android builds (2.2, etc), and installed THAT on my Transformer. I get Netflix, (which isn't on my Transformer's market), but it will constantly ask to update and take me to market, where Netflix is magically available, but it doesn't offer a download, only "open", (given I already HAVE it), and again, will ask to update. I can ignore, but the point it, IT WORKS. I can watch my movies and shows and haven't a single complaint. Aside the persistent update.

sideload this Netflix 1.4 update and you will not longer get that message.