Netflix

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
My Netflix has been very sluggish lately so I decided to re install it. I forgot how I did it the first time because the app doesn't show on the market from my nook and Amazon market doesn't let me install it either. I can't seem to find the old threads about netflix and links and how to change the Lcd resolution to make the app show up on market..... I guess I need some help!

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
idontknow said:
My Netflix has been very sluggish lately so I decided to re install it. I forgot how I did it the first time because the app doesn't show on the market from my nook and Amazon market doesn't let me install it either. I can't seem to find the old threads about netflix and links and how to change the Lcd resolution to make the app show up on market..... I guess I need some help!

Did you try downloading it from a browser? Get it directly from their website?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
JB,yes I went to Netflix.com and got a file but it doesn't install...when I go home tonite to my nook I'll tell you t exactly what it says when I try installing it.
@JP, I do have the Amazon market app, I downloaded it in order to get those amazing daily free apps that JB so skillfully review!!
When I tried to install Netflix from Amazon , it says I don't have a c/c set up in my account, which I have (morons)and another time it said something about cookies in my browser. If I want to install anything else from Amazon,.it let me...it's just with Netflix that I get the error.
I had to watch a movie from my galaxy note last night ,which it was actually very good, considering the size! But I prefer the nook size for movies,hope I can get the Netflix back.
Samsung Galaxy Note

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I installed it from your last link but then when I open it, it asks me if I want to upgrade to the new version.... if I say no, it gives me a white screen and if I say yes it takes me to google play, that doesn't let me install any version of Netflix.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I thought it would ask you to update but didn't expect it would take you to Google Play. Did you make a Titanium Backup at some point before you uninstalled that you can restore the app from? My feeling is that you may run into the same problem though if it isn't the latest version.

(Oh and now that I reread your original post I see you did mention trying Amazon sorry for missing that.)

Ok so now my question is, what version of CM7 are you using? You can change the density setting and the build.prop file if necessary but on CM7.1 and newer that shouldn't be necessary. So I am wondering what else it could be. Do you have the latest Flash player installed?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I still have Cm 7.0.3. Amazon answered to my e mail, they gave a link for the latest version of their app, which I installed but didn't change the situation . I can't install anything from Amazon, I thought it wa s only Netflix. T hey said also to clear data on "Memory Game for all Ages" , but I don't have this application listed among the others, so I couldn't try that!
I already have the app to chance the lcd resolution and my resolution right now is 161.... I don't remember what I should change it to...... do you?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Sometimes Amazon registers your device as a new device every time you flash a ROM, or update your Android. And when you have too many (25?) device registrations against 1 login account, strange things happen.
You may need to login from a PC and delete some of the obsolete device registrations on your Amazon account.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I cleared data on the Amazon appstore, rebooted and finally I was able to install Net flix and everything works fine,
Thanks everybody! I'm happy again! !!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Woo hoo! I'm glad you got that one sorted out. Sounded like a strange Netflix issue but I guess it was really an Amazon issue. :)