New Firmware (late Jan 2011) pretty cool - now a fair Tablet by itself

fireplug

Feb 12, 2011
HI - I'm new (to Android and this forum)

:)

New Pandigital firmware installed (via PC as instructed). I figured I messed up as there was a like Android tablet home screen. (today I ran it again) Got the same thing. Reset the PD and wow, B&N there as are many other things.

Something call SlideMe on the home screen works like the Market, only different. You can scroll the home screen left or right to store shortcuts.

Not the fastest but better than the original. Email works great.

Probably more stuff to uncover, but for the price I have a fairly decent tablet for the price (got it couple months ago at Kohl's on save with a rebate and my spouses 30% off coupon).

Hopefully more will be uncovered !

Primevci

Jan 30, 2011
yeah i was like wtf when i updated totally different i ran a hack but it was crashing all my programs so i reverted to original fw then did a upgrade and it was a tablet... runs nice and smooth with no crashes...

fireplug

Feb 12, 2011
Followup

Pandigital now has a decent description for the latest upgrade (really looks like a tablet now) - I could not locate a new Users manual on their sight)

have fun

melonie

Jan 1, 2011
I uploaded the new firmware for pandigital wht novel and it doesn't work the android and an exclamation is on the screen, reset it and tried to download again same thing happens any suggestions?

Primevci

Jan 30, 2011
Make sure you only have one zip file on the internal sd card i ran into the same problem as you and had the late January one on there after i updated to the mid February both where sitting in there so i just deleted the old one...