New Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ Launch At MWC

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Lenovo is quickly becoming one of the biggest names to watch in Android, most recently because of its acquisition of Motorola. Today brings some more interesting news from Lenovo at Mobile World Congress with the launch of its latest tablet, the Yoga Tablet 10 HD+. Last year’s Yoga Tablet received relatively poor reviews thanks to a disappointing specs list. This year’s Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ aims to change that with a hefty specs list and an affordable price.
What are some of those specs? We’re looking at a 10-inch 1920×1200 screen, quad-core 1.6GHz Snapdragon 400 processor, 2GB RAM, 8-megapixel camera and Android 4.3. Possibly the most important component is the battery which is 9,000mAh and delivers the same whopping 18 hours of battery life as last year’s Yoga Tablet. The tablet is also well-designed with an aluminum and chrome body that, while attractive, may pick up some fingerprints. The kickstand design from last year’s model has happily been carried over to the Yoga Tablet 10 HD+.

Going hand-in-hand with this new tablet is the release of Lenovo’s new set of DOit apps. This suite of apps includes SHAREit, a wireless non-WiFi transfer system between two devices, SYNCit, a backup and restore system, SECUREit, a malware defender, SNAPit, which is a camera app including 10fps shooting as well as live filters, and SEEit, a gallery app to view all of your photos and videos. All of these apps are now available on the Google Play Store for most devices with iOS and Windows Phone versions of some of the apps coming soon.
Now you’re wondering about the price. The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ is going for a mild $349 with an optional keyboard accessory for $59. Not a bad price for what this tablet is offering. The Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ will hit the US and Europe in June.
What are your thoughts on the Yoga Tablet 10 HD+?
Source: androidandme.com

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Last year makes it sound like such a long time ago, it has only been a few months since the "old" Yoga 10 came out.

One thing to note, I hope they fixed the code in this new version, the old version doesn't support exFAT or NTFS formatted devices. With 64gb flash memory device in the really affordable price range, and the native exFAT that should be on them, this is a big oversight.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ comes with 16GB or 32GB of internal storage. There's also a microSD card slot for storage expansion neatly tucked around the back, under the stand. I'd be surprised if this new iteration did not support exFAT.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Imagine my surprise to find my "old" Yoga 10 with jellybean 4.2 didn't support exFAT. Guys on the Lenovo forums assume it is a licensing issue where they don't want to pay the couple of pennies per unit. I'll gladly pay them an extra few dollars to get this put back in. Otherwise, I love the battery life of my "old" yoga and will consider an upgrade to the higher spec machine. My thoughts on the upgrade changed when I found Photomate R2 which develops still camera raw files and really works fairly well with a touch interface. Results after just playing around show that with a few updates Photomate R2 will be great to have. The addition of a faster CPU and higher resolution will only make things better!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Last year’s Yoga Tablet 10 was highly criticized for its 10-inch 1280×800 display. Lenovo improved on that feature with this year’s model, adding a 1920×1200 resolution display. Before I go any further, I want to note that I find myself disappointed by the Yoga 10 HD+’s display. Things seemed overly-pixelated for the resolution and colors generally look inaccurate. It’s a noticeable improvement over last year’s display to be sure, but it still needs some more work to make it great.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Guess I shouldn't rush out to replace my v.1 yoga 10, which despite its low resolution 1280x800 display, still works just fine for most things that I want to do with it.