scotchannie

Feb 21, 2012
Hi ya

I'm new to this and need a little help. I've been given a non-branded android tablet, when i connect it to my pc it is showing up as a android eclair, and within the settings of the android it's is listed as a android s22... The issue i'm having is that i want to factory restore the device but this keeps failing when i try via the privacy option, i choose the factory restore and erase everything and as soon as i select this the device shuts itself off ... and when i restart it, it just loads up as normal with the settings still in place... the firmware version is 2.2 , kernel version is 2.632.9#344 and the build number is ver2.20128.20101213-162053 ...

So i would really appreciate any advice on how I can factory restore this device....

regards

scotchannie:confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Scotchannie, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

scotchannie

Feb 21, 2012
Hi

thanks for that, just wondering as you are the moderator have you ever come accross this issue before...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Yes, difficulty restoring is fairly common. Because the method varies from tablet to tablet, you have to hope your manual has instructions that tell you how or that someone with that tablet will come along to help you out.