New Pc Case for Huawei S7

Jan 26, 2011
This looks like the same protector noted in another thread, called the Stealth Shield, available on eBay. 2Pack Huawei Ideos S7 Tablet Full Body Screen Protector - eBay (item 150554029068 end time Feb-24-11 09:25:39 PST)

You can buy in quantities 1 or 2, thus obviating the need to find 498 friends to join you in the purchase. <smile> I bought 2 for seven dollars, including shipping. Later I saw this seller has multiple ads and I think I could have bought 2 for five dollars... YMMV. Note you have to use soapy water to install it and it takes three days to completely dry and set. So I'll do it next week when I have time to leave it alone.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
This looks like the same protector noted in another thread, called the Stealth Shield, available on eBay. 2Pack Huawei Ideos S7 Tablet Full Body Screen Protector - eBay (item 150554029068 end time Feb-24-11 09:25:39 PST)

You can buy in quantities 1 or 2, thus obviating the need to find 498 friends to join you in the purchase. <smile> I bought 2 for seven dollars, including shipping. Later I saw this seller has multiple ads and I think I could have bought 2 for five dollars... YMMV. Note you have to use soapy water to install it and it takes three days to completely dry and set. So I'll do it next week when I have time to leave it alone.

thks for the link, FYI: my best offer of 5.01 was accepted..:)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Waiting to hear some results. My S7 still has the stock sticker on it.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I thought this thread was for the polycarbonate case... Or is the Ebay listing actually a case and not a stick on type of protector?

Markus31788

Dec 13, 2010
It looks like the new pc case is a hard type polycarbonate case and not a stick on like the other ebay protector.

PhillyBill

Jan 31, 2011
The case shown by the OP is interesting, it appears to be some type of hard plastic case, I may get one, if I see one pop up on ebay. I have already ordered the full body shield for best offer of 5.00, I do not think that the full body shield (discussed in another post) is the same as the one the OP is referring to. Hopefully somebody buys a lot of them and gets them up on Ebay

Jan 26, 2011
Quick review: I just applied the "StealthShieldz" whole body protector. I ordered a set of two "kits." Each kit consists of 2 sheets of a plastic-polymer protector that is stuck to a sheet of thick special-purpose paper. The plastic is die-cut to fit the front and back areas of the S7 (more in a minute). If you have ever applied decals to a model car or plane, this is similar.

You need to carefully peel each piece off the paper backing, then wet the sticky side with slightly soapy water. This allows each piece to "float" on the surface so you can position it. Once positioned, you can use the (included) plastic credit-card-substitute to squeeze out the water and any air bubbles. I used a paper towel to mop up any excess water at the edges. I removed the battery from the unit first, per the instructions. As the pieces dry, they bond nicely to the S7.

This requires a reasonable steady hand and decent eyesight. Putting it on, I became aware of the slight scratches on the steel back of my S7 - wish I had put this on sooner! My S7 is now sitting up on its kickstand and will dry all day. I'll post a follow-up after everything has set.

My initial reaction is that this is a great buy and will provide nice protection. I will be testing this in the sun, as one poster indicated it reduces glare. One application for me is to use GPS while boating, so reducing glare is a good thing. So far, so good.