New Purchase

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
Just bought a MEMO FHD 10. I'm pretty new when it comes to tablets. I just try to figure out basics.

How difficult is the process to save pictures and videos to the external sd card ? I was told I cannot transfer and apps onto this card as well. Apps must stay on the internal memory.

An older gent here, so as basic as you can be. Thank you all in advance.:D

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can't save most media directly to the external storage but it's app specific and very few support that. However photos and music can me moved there using a file manager. Did that answer your question?

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
You can't save most media directly to the external storage but it's app specific and very few support that. However photos and music can me moved there using a file manager. Did that answer your question?

I think....certain apps can be saved to the external sd card. Depends on the app ? File Manager is that in the operating system ? If so when photo or video is taken will it give me an option to save it in File Manager.? Is this process a difficult one.? Thanks again for you prompt reply.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
File manager is just that, a file manager, like Windows explorer. Every Android tablet comes with ine but there are other file managers on the Google Store. You can copy/cut/paste/move/delete files with the file manager. I prefer ES File Explorer. No app can be "saved" to external memory but dependiong on your version of Android and the specific app some can me moved to the SD card if it was designed to be movable.. That's not the same as being saved to.

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
File manager is just that, a file manager, like Windows explorer. Every Android tablet comes with ine but there are other file managers on the Google Store. You can copy/cut/paste/move/delete files with the file manager. I prefer ES File Explorer. No app can be "saved" to external memory but dependiong on your version of Android and the specific app some can me moved to the SD card if it was designed to be movable.. That's not the same as being saved to.

Think I got it leeshor.....but If I run into a problem I feel we are going to be the best of friends...:)

Thanks again for taking the time to reply...as I mentioned perhaps if I do this a few times I'll get the process down.

My MEMO is running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean if that makes a difference........again THANK YOU...!!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Joe, congratulations on your new ASUS MeMO Pad and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Any pictures you take with the tablet will be saved to internal tablet storage and will appear in the gallery app. As pointed out by leeshor, you'll have to move them to the SD yourself using a file explorer app. If the one that came on your tablet isn't to your liking there are lots of free ones available. The external Micro SD Card (MSD) AKA TF Card is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there.

Enjoy your tablet and the forum.

Should you decide to get another file explorer app, Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer are both pretty good and there are free versions on the Market.

Astro File Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
ES File Explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
Hi Joe, congratulations on your new ASUS MeMO Pad and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Any pictures you take with the tablet will be saved to internal tablet storage and will appear in the gallery app. As pointed out by leeshor, you'll have to move them to the SD yourself using a file explorer app. If the one that came on your tablet isn't to your liking there are lots of free ones available. The external Micro SD Card (MSD) AKA TF Card is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there.

Enjoy your tablet and the forum.

Should you decide to get another file explorer app, Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer are both pretty good and there are free versions on the Market.

Astro File Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
ES File Explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro

Thank each and everyone for their replies...........I'm sure I'll be checking in with ya'll with my questions. Great resource for "Older Gents" like myself...........

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
Just a follow up to leeshor and Spider. I inserted my sd micro card and was able to create folders for photos and music with no trouble. I also copied and pasted to the File Manager folder with ease. Thanks again for your help.

The only mistake I made and it has nothing to do with this procedure. I learned that after I purchased this Tablet it's not supported by MLB at bat. That's a bummer for me. I'm hoping MLB will correct this. Thanks again gang for taking the time to help me in my time of need.

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
If you are referring to your TF that's a surprise to me as it is compatible with my TF700.

I'm assuming TF is the model Asus Tablet you have. I have Memo FHD 10 and I cannot get MLB at bat to stream video. Some one said that it may be a flash issue with the intel processor. This is so above me leeshor. I thought a major brand of Android Tablet would support such an app. Oh well, hoping for a solution soon.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm assuming TF is the model Asus Tablet you have. I have Memo FHD 10 and I cannot get MLB at bat to stream video. Some one said that it may be a flash issue with the intel processor. This is so above me leeshor. I thought a major brand of Android Tablet would support such an app. Oh well, hoping for a solution soon.

TF is short for Transformer. But I did forget that yours doesn't have an ARM processor. My bad!

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
TF is short for Transformer. But I did forget that yours doesn't have an ARM processor. My bad!

So having the Intel processor is root of evil ? LOL. I guess they will have to make haste and accept these Memo 10's. Lots of unhappy folks. I guess no work around ? Thanks leeshor.........

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I think the big prohblem is that Android on an Intel processor can't run Flash Player like it can on an ARM processor. With that said I think someone on XDA has posted a version of Flash, (actually a workaround of some kind), that will run. Probably still wouldn't help with MLB