New to android tech - Need help choosing tablet

x_sakio

Jan 30, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to these adroid stuff and tablet techs, so yea, I had a PC before but it broke down, now I'm looking for something small, portable, can use microsoft word doc., and would be great if I can actually write/type Chinese (I write lots of novel based stuff in Chinese). Excel and paint would be great if it's possible from download/install.

So I'm wondering anything like a tablet under $200 would do all of the above. I don't watch movies or browse internet, programs like MSN/Skype would be good, but not needed.

So any recommandation?

Thanks alot~

-Sakio

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Sakio, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Sakio,

The questions you are asking is not so much depending on the tablet but the applications you have on the tablet.

Most Android Tablet's have access to Android Market where you can download applications, which should meet you requirements.

You can download Skype for free. All tablets have WiFi but some do not support 3G so check for that if you want to use 3G.

MS office is not available. There are however lots of alternatives. I use Documents to Go, which works great. The free version allows you to read MS office documents the pro version allows you to also create documents. You can read more here: Frequently Asked Questions

Chinese is supported by Android. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Tanzanite

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
the stuff you mention is pretty much standard between all tablets.

personally, i like the zenithink 280 c91. its been awesome for me. it lets me load as many custom roms on it as i want, it has 8gb storage, sd card, hdmi, and its 10.1"

it has a fairly strong processor, and video chipset, but it is on the higher end of your price range. i think i paid about $220 for mine.

x_sakio

Jan 30, 2012
so most tablet would do it? I was also thinking about netbooks for a min, but I haven't seen any cheap ones in store. I still would like to get a tablet under $200 in store if possible (not online)

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
so most tablet would do it? I was also thinking about netbooks for a min, but I haven't seen any cheap ones in store. I still would like to get a tablet under $200 in store if possible (not online)
I agree with cpt_noob, the Zenithink ZT-280 C91 will be a good choice, it can meet all your requirements, and if you don't want a 10", then you can also take a look at the7 inch Ainol Novo Aurora.
and it's easier for you to find a good tablet for under $200 in online stores, hope you can find what you want!