New to the group

monica428

Dec 30, 2012
Hello Everyone.

I am a new marketing professional for a local B2B company. Although I love my job, I have other interests, such as being an author. I figured that for $60, I could get a cheap, Chinese tablet in order to write my book(s). I actually ended up buying two of them. However, I soon discovered that the spell check does not work on it because a dictionary is not installed. I have read several forums that say to download the LatinImeGoogle.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk into the system/app file after I have downloaded them onto my sd card. However, it continually says that the "operation failed," which puts me in a pickle. I do not know much about rooting, debugging, or hacking into anything, but especially not tablets. I currently have two Andriod tablets. One of the is model number WM8850-mid. The other is at work, so I cannot get you the information at the moment. They are both running ice cream sandwich. I also have a Galaxy S3 phone. <3 The WM8850-mid tablet also has a problem freezing.

To get an understanding of where I am located, I'm in Florida, USA.

I would love if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction. Remember, I need VERY clear instructions on what to do to fix these cheap tablets. Thank you!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Monica, congratulations on your new tablets and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!