Newbie bought huawei s7 ideos android tablet and Needs Help

Dec 26, 2010
I bought an huawei s7 ideos android tablet for christmas and i do not have wi-fi at home and I cannot figure out how to connect my cable modem to the tablet to connect to the intenet any help is deeply appreciated. The huawei only has a micro usb port it does not have an ethernet port

sincerely.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Wifi and carrier network are the only 2 ways to connect as far as know

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
If your computer has windows 7, you can use a program called Connectify to create a hotshot that will work for devices such as these tablets.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
First off a Wireless router is extreamly cheap now. You could always teether it off you cell or buy the TMobile prepaid card that we have all been discussing.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
If your computer has windows 7, you can use a program called Connectify to create a hotshot that will work for devices such as these tablets.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

This only works if the computer running Win7 has a capability to broadcast.

The others are correct, the only ways to get the tablet online is via the WiFi or a Carrier Network. Both are actually very easy to set up, but unfortunately are your only solution.

Good luck.

Dec 26, 2010
First off a Wireless router is extreamly cheap now. You could always teether it off you cell or buy the TMobile prepaid card that we have all been discussing.

I just started on the forum and are not familiar with the Tmobile prepaid card. Do you need to have tmobile as your cellphone carrier or can you just buy the card??

any help is much appreicated.

pjtdu

Dec 27, 2010
If you have a network set up I assume you could use a USB to network connector ????

pjtdu

Dec 27, 2010
I am also new to this - can you not connect with a usb to Network connector and cable on the back of modem ?????

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
I just started on the forum and are not familiar with the Tmobile prepaid card. Do you need to have tmobile as your cellphone carrier or can you just buy the card??

any help is much appreicated.

More information on this in the Huawei Tablets forum and this thread specifically.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
The T-mobile card is sweet. Just buy the cheap cell at BB and it comes with time ($) and the sim. Activate it (I did it from the phone). then put it in the S7. Each day just buy a very$1. 49 All day pass for data. I figured this is the cheapest. You can also use ATT but quite expensive. Never did get 3G here in Gilbert, az.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

czstar

Jan 2, 2011
Can you also get a sim card from Verizon that will work in the Huawei? With the sim card can you then make phone calls? How about video calls since it has a front camera?

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Sorry, Verizon and sprint are CDMA and dont use sim cards. Only att and tmobile.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Thing to do is go buy a wireless card and drop it in your pc, or get a wireless router . Connect your cable modem to wireless router and the router to your pc. Now you can connect your S7 to your wireless internet connection.

badabing badaboom

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Yes and you still cant use cell companies that dont have sims. Look at bb, they have a new wireless modem... No sure wha the rates are though.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App