Newbie Quack Quack:)

Duckfan

Jun 13, 2012
Hi All,

I found this site through Google, as I was interested in the tablet my Daughter bought. Nearly every answer was related to this site.
So I guess it has be good :D
The Tablet is 2nd Hand, Chinese built MID 70003 VIA. Disappointed with it as I can't download any decent apps.

Spec is:
Build: WMT 2.1.2_105
Model: Generic
Firmware: 1.6
Kernal Version 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Memory 256Mb
Open Source License won't open.

On the back is Mid VIA ARM926

Can anyone shed some light on this tablet please. I'm assuming that it's a bit of a dud looking at some of the old posts.

Thanks in advance!
D.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi D, congratulations on that tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as a new member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you figure out exactly which tablet you've got there. Good luck!

Duckfan

Jun 13, 2012
Thanks Spider,
I had a quick chat to my daughter, all she really wants to do is play a few games - Angry Birds and alike also needs a decent office app that she can read word docs. with.

Duckfan

Jun 13, 2012
HI All,
It's been a while since my last post. I can't seem to get anywhere with the Tablet. How do I go about flashing the tablet & what are the benefits of me doing this?

Thanks in advance.

takyoko34

Jun 19, 2012
I got one that is similar to that way back before I got my first android phone. I can tell you that there is not much you can really do on that. The OS itself is already set for death. You can't upgrade it because the hardware can't handle it.

Duckfan

Jun 13, 2012
I got one that is similar to that way back before I got my first android phone. I can tell you that there is not much you can really do on that. The OS itself is already set for death. You can't upgrade it because the hardware can't handle it.

Oh Sh*t!! I just tried upgrade and bricked it ( I think). I tried this upgrade: How to install the firmware update to M70003 | Marc Lane's Blog and got the error message -
ERASE FILE-SYTEM PARTITION FAIL! EXIT!
MAYBE THE KERNAL DON'T SUPPORT THIS NAND FLASH

I then tried https://secure1.storegate.com/downl...962&Path=L2hvbWUvbGFib3Zza2kvc2NyaXB0LnppcA==
Both are supposed to be the latest firmware for the M70003 Any one got any ideas?

Thanks